Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 6:01 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Has anyone ever gotten this cheese? I had always heard the raves and Hollis picked up some for me yesterday and it is as delicious as it is beautiful.

But, I am unsure of the best way to serve. I am typically a double/triple cream cheese on super wafer thin crackers kinda gurl...this cheese is too old for spreading cos the cracker will just shatter.

Any ideas?
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 7:37 pm

oh man - this is from Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes -- best cheese
i just found a place that has this in jersey city -- stoked
alas, i've been eating it on shattered crackers
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 7:38 pm

Humboldt Fog is yummy...
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 8:23 pm

Yup--isn't that "ash line" killer? I am wondering if it would be good in a salad cos it is so tangy. I was a shattered cracka mess yesterday.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 8:38 pm

i like Humboldt fog w/ bread or crackers.
the cheese is so great on its own

did you try it in a salad? a salad with bitter greens and dried fruit
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:12 pm

I think the salad idea is ON for tonight. I want some dried cranberries and greens and whatever vinaigrette I figure out.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:15 pm

I thought that since pot growing is so prevalent in all counties/towns named Humbolt, that the subject of this thread would be completely different.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:21 pm

I had this pecorino yesterday that was mind-blowing. Apparently, if the cheese is really young, pecorino can be all creamy and spreadable. Who knew? Amazing. And it came from fiery's favorite- Foster + Dobb's.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:22 pm

I thought someone would think that. Isn't Point Reyes in Marin County though? Marin County knows all about some Humboldt.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:25 pm

I love Foster & Dobbs! Fuck 24 Hr Fitness. We'll just take a walk over there for some of that creamy Pecorino!

Are they going to have cheese classes there? I want to take one.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 11:01 pm

I dunno... I've still never been there, but I was hangin' with pops yesterday and he busted that shit out. So good!
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 11:11 pm

You have to cope with the Irvington soccer mom brigade with tens of cutesy pie Irvington kids at Mio Gelato next door, but walk into F&D and it is none of that. Totally great--check the cheese case and the fridge. We just picked up some crazy horseradish there the other day. They get the coolest stuff.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®