Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Coca Cola Blak
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 5:37 pm

super caffienated coffee coke - only 45 calories, picked up a four pack at Ike's yesterday - about to take my first sip.

the website is a little over the top.

http://www.coca-colablak.com/us/index.jsp
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 5:40 pm

it's like a Frappuccino coffee drink that you buy at the store with coke carbonation - not bad.
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 7:56 pm

oh...i thought coke had realized the value of segregation and it was a soft drink just for them.
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 8:03 pm

oh, maybe thats what the afro on the front of the bottle meant.
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 7:45 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

It's reverse marketing. White kids like stuff that has the blak seal of approval. Those urban oriented Sprite ads were trying to steal market share from that white trash elixir, Mountain Dew.
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 11:55 pm

Chris brought this home for us the other nite. I really liked it! Very nice...sort of chocolate-y. and refreshing!
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 12:21 am

Mountain Dew is my elixir of life. I don't care how many XXXTREEEM sport asshole commercials they air. Brominated vegetable oil forever!
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 1:52 am

It's reverse marketing. White kids like stuff that has the blak seal of approval. Those urban oriented Sprite ads were trying to steal market share from that white trash elixir, Mountain Dew.

Yer funny.
Posted: May 5, 2006 2:38 am

this sounds so fucked
Posted: May 5, 2006 7:29 am

The Nation did a long thing on how corporate coke is supporting death squads in central american countries..look at the back of the current issue for a full page ad about killercoke.org
Posted: May 5, 2006 7:35 am

It really does taste fucking great. But they don't sell it in my neighborhood cause everybody is spanish. I could only find it in Ft.Green. That be 'da hood' yo. But damm, that shit was gooood.
Posted: May 8, 2006 5:57 pm

hungrygirl.com says to drink it with a splash of light vanilla soy milk. I want to try that.
Posted: May 8, 2006 6:02 pm

I am sold--Coke Death Squads and all.

And, uptight, how can you condemn such a brilliant marketing ploy as the little man known as Thirst????? Thirst kicks some Extreme rope swinging white boy ASS!
Posted: May 8, 2006 11:19 pm

It's not condemnation, but acknowledgement of brilliant marketing.

OBEY YOUR THIRST!
Posted: May 9, 2006 10:00 pm

i can't find this shit anywhere (not that i'm going out of my way looking for it but i always check when i'm in a market)
Posted: May 9, 2006 10:37 pm

The Nation did a long thing on how corporate coke is supporting death squads in central american countries..look at the back of the current issue for a full page ad about killercoke.org

here's the other side of the story

http://www.cokefacts.org/

killercoke.com no longer exists.
Posted: May 10, 2006 4:21 pm

whoa, i just found this stuff -- i'm digging it
splash of 1/2 & 1/2 would prob be good (heavy cream even better)
Posted: May 10, 2006 4:33 pm

What booze will it mix with? Whiskey? Kalhua? Guniess?
Posted: May 10, 2006 6:19 pm

this would go well with whiskey
kalhua may be too sweet -- more likely to go with anything you would mix with coke than things you would mix with coffee -- but worth trying
(i wouldnt waste a nice whiskey mixing with this - but jack or some crap whiskey would be fine)
Posted: May 10, 2006 9:32 pm

they have it at the schnuck's on union, but i've been scared to try it. maybe i should just go ahead and do the damn thang. is there a diet version? wait, nevermind, you said there were only 45 calories...i'm just more worried about it being too sweet. that'd be my only thing.
Posted: May 10, 2006 9:48 pm

This stuff's good. I drank lots of it on tour.
Posted: May 11, 2006 7:03 am

It's not too sweet - but I thought it said super caffeinated beverage, but it actually said super carbonated, which I'm not all that excited about.

This guy once told me that carbonation makes it harder for you to digest food and if you stopped drinking it, you would immediately lose ten lbs.
Posted: May 11, 2006 7:13 am

This guy once told me that carbonation makes it harder for you to digest food and if you stopped drinking it, you would immediately lose ten lbs.

if only the losing weight part were true!
Posted: May 11, 2006 7:31 am

I cannot find this in my neighborhood anywhere. Guess I gotta go to Fort Green. Ugh!
Posted: May 11, 2006 4:33 pm

Umm, if the carbonation makes it harder to digest the food, wouldn't you just shit out more food, and thus, lose more weight?

Isn't that what that olestra crap does? Make the chips undigestable, so you just pass the crap out, literally?
Posted: May 11, 2006 8:49 pm

I don't know. It was some old guy that I asked for a refill at freaking Waffle House. He gave me a lecture the carbonation in my coke, not the mound of hash browns I was consuming, so whatevs.
Posted: May 11, 2006 8:50 pm

hmmmmmmmmm

hash browns.
Posted: May 13, 2006 6:37 pm

ok...so i tried this shit last night with a buncha michael collins whiskey in it. pretty tasty...kinda like a black russian or something. maybe a white russian without all the milky grossness. but good nonetheless. oh the things you buy as mixers when you're already fucking drunk. ha.
Posted: May 17, 2006 6:39 pm

why are these things so damn small?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®