Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / New Haagen Dazs Flavor!
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 11:32 pm

It's caled Mayan Chocolate and it has a fudge swirl with cinamon in it. I've never had an ice cream flavor quite like this. I love it.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 12:11 am

So it tastes like Mexican Chocolate! Brilliant.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 4:07 am | Edited by: Theresa K

Hope they keep it on the market BJ... i'm gonna look for it here. It sounds great.

For a while in 1999/2000 Haagen Daz had this flavor to die for: Winter Pear Sorbet... it had that great pear texture as well as flavor. Then it DISAPPEARED. i hate them for taking it away from me.

I am jonesing for a chocolate ice cream w/ the proper amount of black pepper in it. Dean & DeLuca used to have a great chocolate shortbread cookie w/ cracked black pepper... and a ginger snap w/ cayenne, but i can't find them anymore.

if anyone should ever stumble upon these flavors, please do find me and force feed me that stuff
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:26 pm

oh my lord that winter pear sorbet sounds like something that'd be right up my alley. holy shit.

i've been digging on the sorbet stuff myself. ben and jerry's has a new kind out with lemon sorbet with blackberries and blueberries scattered throughout. i'm in looooove with it.

i'm really wanting to try the new ben and jerry's black and tan, which is supposed to have cream stout ice cream in it. sounds like something that'd be right up my alley...mmmm.

i'll have to give the mayan chocolate a try though. it sounds rather delicious.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:37 pm

OK, you people are gonna laugh, but I made a South Beach dessert that fucking ended up being yums.

2 cups skim ricotta
2 eggs
some Splenda or Stevia (I cannot believe I am eating this. This is the biggest shock of this experience--it isn't awful)
some vanilla extract
scraped out vanilla bean

Mix it up

Pour into ramekins and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Eat hot or chill.

You can even lick the beaters at the ramekin stage pre-baking. So damn good.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:39 pm

Jesus Elle, how many alleys do you have?
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:49 pm

elle could be the roundabout at etoile or something with 8 alleys for all that ice cream and stuff
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:26 pm

hahahahah. i'm still delirious from all the burning plastic fumes i breathed in during my pilates class. (something must have caught on fire at some point in the morning in the building and didn't clear completely out.) i didn't realize i repeated the same phrase fifty times. oops.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®