Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Steaks need a rest, right?
Posted: Apr 1, 2006 9:20 pm

Woke up more than a little wooley-booley this morning. Feeling a bit-like King for a day myself, I decided to have steak for breakfast [erruum..lunch]. I went to Hills Cafe ordered red beer, some jalepenos wrapped in bacon, sirloin and a salad.

The red beer was etremely-extremely delish & refreshing, the peppers were nice and hot [and mmm-mmm bacon-y] and then....the confusion set in.

This was the first time I ordered a steak there, so I didn't know how it was served. I heard the damn thing coming fr two blocks away. They served it on this fajita-plate thing, you know, all sizzling and smoking and shit.

Well, all the cooking shows on the glow-box that I've ever seen always say let that shit rest......right?

This whole 'resting' thing.....does it apply to every cut of beef or just roasts and shit like that?? Steaks need a rest? Should it have been served like this or was it a just for show kind-of thing? And didn't it just keep on cooking?

I ordered my hunk-a meat medium rare and it wasn't even pink in the middle either.....it's too bad I've got no capacity to send things back.
Posted: Apr 1, 2006 11:45 pm

You don't have to let a steak rest more than a minute or two, if its on one of the sizzler things it's still cooking. It probable came off the grill med rare, but it kept cooking on the platter. A steak is the first thing I'll send back if its cooked to much. I like Hill's food, but I've never had a steak there. Steak is one food I rarely order out, I can cook it perfect myself at home. Plus most steakhouses are sooo overpriced.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 3:25 pm

i thought we were gonna talk about how to age beef
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®