Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Pei Wei Asian Diner
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 7:24 pm

Looks like new asian cuisine in midtown. Its one of the bigger new storefronts at the corner of Union and Bellevedere. Anybody gots the scoop on this new joint?? Also a Baskin Robins on the side, which midtown could use an ice cream place fosho!
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 7:36 pm

Worst/best name ever.
me play joke.

BR? Rilly? super.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 7:43 pm

It's the faster-food, more affordable-type version of P.F. Changs, I believe.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 7:46 pm

There's one here, I gave it a try, but there an Austin-based equivalent [formerly know as China Bowl & had to change the name to ] Firebowl. From the handful of ones I've tried, they have the best hot & sour soup in Austin [at Fire Bowl].
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 1:43 pm

I ws kinda underwhelmed by pei wei, and I hate the yuppie scum who inabit pf wangs. Fire Bowl is pretty good, but damn it usually ends up being about 10 bucks a head. I like Zen a lot better, but it can be kinda bland, depending on what you get. My fave asian is Hao Hao on William Cannon. The chinese menu is good, but their special vietnamese menu is GREAT. If you can handle fish sauce, try the vietnamese hot and sour chicken soup: chicken, okra, tomatoes, pineapple, onions, cilantro, basil.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:28 pm

you pei wei you eat buffet.

you not pei wei you not eat buffet.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®