Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Your "shitty day" dinner
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 1:35 am | Edited by: Womb Raider

So, I spent two and half hours waiting in line at city hall today, ended up having to skip lunch because of it, found out that we lost a Popeyes (see other thread), then tried to go scrape grout off a floor for an hour on an empty stomach (hadn't ate in well over 24 hrs). Hungry and defeated, I drove to the grocery store and bought a 24 oz. ribeye steak and a 1.75L bottle of Early Times. Got home and "cooked" the steak, meaning I set it directly on the burner for about 30 seconds on each side so it seared up nice. It was still cold in the middle. I ate the whole thing, although the gristle was a little bit too raw for my liking. So I saved the gristle to fry the steak bone in its own fat and then chew what little meat was left on the bone.

Satisfaction, finally you are mine.

What do you eat in these situations?
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 3:02 am | Edited by: Alisa

That's exactly what I eat in these situations, except I drink red wine with it. In fact, that was my dinner tonight.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 3:02 am

lamplighter burgers
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 4:54 am

Survival of the fittest at it's finest, dear.
What else is there?
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 5:17 am

"Claimjumper" sal's berry steak with broch & mac and cheese, frozen at $3.50 and I got to use the micowaver at the social center.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 6:01 am

Definitely some thick ass steak. Or a ridiculous amount of Dungeoness Crab Legs. I just rip em open, dip em butter and turn into a speechless monster.

If I am not hungry but still have a day like this, I crack open a cold bottle of vodka and a carton of orange juice and start making drinks in my cut crystal hiball glasses. I will chain drink these until I am almost asleep.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 7:49 am

Today's shitty day was wrapped up with a microwaved Boca burger inbetween two pieces of white bread with some nutritional yeast sprinkled on it.

Pretty bad stuff, but it was all I could round up without actually having to cook tonight.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 12:58 pm

cookies, ice cream, chips, kool aid
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 4:00 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

What is it about the primitive allure of meat and bone that allows us to satisfy the inner savage sickened with the indignities dealt us by civilization?

A load of hot wings, usually 30-50 piece bag, well done, so that they are crisp and firm enough throughout. Even the gristle and tendons are edible.

I order them to go, and repair them in a toaster oven, with a 12 pack of cheap piss beer and Cajun Chef hot sauces by my side. Best on the days when I've blown off a workout and gone to straight to the firing range. Great way to work up an appetite.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 7:03 pm

crack open a cold bottle of vodka and a carton of orange juice and start making drinks

yeah. that's how i started drinking. had an exceptionally shitty two or three days. probably should have just gone to the lamplighter.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Speaking of, I need a new bottle for the freezer. I love the whole clinking of the ice in a fancy glass and the simple buzz of a vodka drink when the nerves are wracked...puts me right back in an OK state of mind. Who needs weed when there is chilled vodka???
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 7:15 pm

Who needs weed when there is chilled vodka???

Those two together can't be beat!
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 7:26 pm

Not in my brain. My brain gets scrambled by the weedski. I get all hyper, elevated heartrate, too talkative. Blech.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 7:56 pm

A load of hot wings, usually 30-50 piece bag, well done, so that they are crisp and firm enough throughout. Even the gristle and tendons are edible.

I order them to go, and repair them in a toaster oven, with a 12 pack of cheap piss beer and Cajun Chef hot sauces by my side.

holy hell. i think you must be my long lost brother. sounds like a fucking great meal there.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:44 am

this is a good idea...i don't know what i like eating when i fee like shit...i now have purpose in life
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:57 am

tonight it was peanuts, sour cream & onion chips, and whiskey. but today wasn't really a shitty day.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 4:23 am | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Did you ever eat that rouge tomato?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®