Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / fat willies rib shack
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 10:05 pm

except for the fact the brisket sandwich was 'pulled' rather than sliced THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE and a tad on the pricey side, its pretty awesome.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 10:26 pm

"pulled" brisket is pretty suspicious.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm

arman, you musta had an off-day. I had the brisket there a few weeks ago and it was definitely sliced, pretty good too. But yeah, expensive. You gotta try BBQ Bob's up on Howard st. near Ridge. It's great, has all the good sides and best of all, cheep as hell. Brisket sandwich, fries & can of grape soda = less than $5. there's also a 1/2 bbq chicken special for only $4. Have you been back to Honey 1? did they have sandwiches yet?
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 7:36 pm

oh the brisket PLATE is sliced, but the sandwich is pulled. it doesn't have that smoke ring surrounding pinkish meat look to it. it has that boiled, italian beef look to it.
haven't been back to honey 1, but i plan on going soon. thought about going last saturday, but figured might as well try fat willy.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 10:56 pm

Another BBQ spot no one ever mentions is Country Smokehouse just about one block east of Ashland on Irving Pk. road. It's right next door to el Gato Negro (a tranny bar, look out!) but has really good brisket, too.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 11:06 pm

yeah arman really likes to eat pork. if you know what i mean.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 5:34 pm

you're really reaching, dirk.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 6:45 pm

ok how about arman likes fat willies???
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 6:45 pm

if you know what i mean.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®