Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / seafood enchiladas.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 8:09 pm | Edited by: elle

ok...so i got a lot of stuff to make seafood enchiladas, but i am not sure that it would go together so well...so tell me what you think...

ok inside i would put:

lump crab meat
scallops
shrimp
cream cheese blended with avocado
roasted red pepper
sauteed red onion
sauteed mushrooms
jalepenos
maybe some white cheddar - shredded

outside i would have shredded white cheddar
monterrey jack
green enchilada sauce

serve it with mango habenero salsa:

mangos
roma tomatoes
red onion
cilantro
tomatillas
cardamom
tiny touch of vinegar
habeneros
slight touch of cumin
lime juice

also...would serve with this fruited rice (basically white rice cooked in chicken broth and pineapple juice with almond slices and chunks of pineapple and mandarin oranges

and black beans with chipotle hotsauce and roma tomato chunks and green chiles in it, with monterrey jack melted over the top.

i'm not sure if this would mesh well together. i am hoping for the best. i've made all the other stuff together with coconut shrimp once instead of enchiladas and i've also made them with plantain fajitas. but i'm trying out seafood enchiladas and i'm not sure if i am overdoing it with the green enchilada sauce and should just put the salsa over the top. any suggestions?
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 8:12 pm

or maybe should i make a white sauce instead using green enchilada sauce?
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 8:14 pm

Ixnay the 'shrooms (not a matter of bias, but we're talking about 'ladas here) and the onion and the peppers and the cream cheese. Avocado sliced on top. Do it simple. Make some crab, some shrimp and some scallop each, not combined. Red sauce might be better than green, but that sounds ok. Heavy on the chedder. No salsa.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 8:21 pm

The "fruited rice" sounds like it might be a little much... Crab, shrimp, and scallops are already pretty sweet, so the pineapple flavored rice could over do it.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 8:22 pm

You're a fruited rice.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 8:29 pm

You're a fruity bean.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 8:37 pm

I would ixnay mango salsa in lieu of a nice salsa verde or just a less busy/flavorful salsa roja. Unless it is just for chips on the side or something. I like the enchilada sauce to be my main sauce for the enchilada or a light cream sauce.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 8:21 am

i agree- leave out the sweet stuff and let the fish do the work!
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 8:37 am

Fish, Plankton, Protien and Seagreens from the Sea....its all here.
-BOX..(logans run)
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 1:27 am

invite me over...
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 9:25 pm | Edited by: elle

finally actually got around to making them. ended up having to use the ingredients i bought before for other things and had to go out grocery shopping all over again to make them, but well worth it.

i did my original recipe. and they ended up being vastly good. i wish i would have followed bazooka joe's advice on the mushrooms. they were slightly out of place in it, but that was my only complaint really. didn't do the rice either, as all this shit was so damn labor intensive making my own salsa and own green enchilada sauce and everything else, that i didn't feel like doing any more damn work.

but yeah...turned out rather nicely. just ixnay the mushrooms.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 9:36 pm

I swear it wasn't even my 'shroom bias talking.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®