Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Krispy Kreme burger
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 9:56 pm

Oh my..

The Gateway Grizzlies are proud to announce that they will be adding a new concession item to GMC Stadium for the 2006 season.

The Grizzlies and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts have teamed up to create "Baseball’s Best Burger." The burger, which was introduced at Gateway’s December 10th sale, consists of a thick and juicy burger topped with sharp cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon. The burger is then placed in between each side of a Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 10:20 pm

that sounds particularly gross.

i've had sandwiches with stuff other than bread - like at junior's in brooklyn, you can get brisket between two latkes.... it makes sense

but burger, bacon, cheese + glazed donuts.... not even a pregnant woman w/ the munchies + bizarro cravings would go for that.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 10:22 pm

ot even a pregnant woman w/ the munchies + bizarro cravings would go for that.

Maybe if she was high though.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm

thick and juicy burger topped with sharp cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon. The burger is then placed in between each side of a Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut.
See this: http://www.snopes.com/food/origins/luther.asp
I knew that description looked familiar. If I'm ever in Decatur, GA, I'm all over that thing. And where do the Gateway Grizzlies play, anyway?

At my wedding, we had a BBQ. We had waaaay to much meat, so towards the end I was eating hot dogs and using a pork chop for a bun.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 10:32 pm

They have one of those burgers at a place here in Atlanta, except it's called the Luther Vandross burger. It's at the place that is home to the infamous Ham Dog, which is a deep-fried hot dog wrapped in a beef patty and smothered in chili cheese.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 10:34 pm

Oops... looks like Hugh Jass and I posted at the same time about the same thing. The place is called Mulligan's and they have shows there sometimes too.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 10:35 pm

a deep-fried hot dog wrapped in a beef patty and smothered in chili cheese.

!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 10:58 pm

The place is called Mulligan's and they have shows there sometimes too.

My band is going on tour just so we can play that club!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 12:08 am

At my wedding, we had a BBQ. We had waaaay to much meat, so towards the end I was eating hot dogs and using a pork chop for a bun.

homer?
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 12:50 am

homer?

Mmmmmm....pork chop in lieu of bun. (Insert gurgling sound here.) The best part was the hot dogs were all-beef Kosher Sinai 48's. The irony was delicious.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:06 am

I was eating hot dogs and using a pork chop for a bun.

them's good eats!

i had a hot dog from a vendor parked near whole foods (love the irony of that) -- the dog was wrapped in bacon! grilled of course
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:42 am

i had a hot dog from a vendor parked near whole foods (love the irony of that) -- the dog was wrapped in bacon! grilled of course

Ever get one of those hot dogs in Mexico (or in a US barrio) where they serve the hot dog wrapped in bacon topped with fried onions, avocado, and either crema or mayonesa? Ohhhhh man, that's good!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 2:06 am

they got plenty o those here in so cal! i LOVE THEM
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 7:42 pm | Edited by: Rachelandthecity

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 12:50 pm

This sounds completely minging....for real.
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 4:05 pm

Hot dogs of death! The best is that before they pile everything in the bun, they take the bun and sop up all the grease on the skillet with it first, just in case you don't die from all the fat from the actual hot dog and bacon...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®