Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Good dipping sauce for fried calamari
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 8:45 pm

I got some decent calamari the other day and they ruined it with a too-mustardy remoulade. Anyone know a recipe for a more white, but still spicy remoulade? I don't want all that mustard taste.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 9:56 pm

Seriously, just use Crystal or Frank's hot sauce. There's an upscale restaurant around here that serves "Buffalo" calamari with hot sauce on it and blue cheese on the side and it is friggin awesome. The chef's from Louisiana, so...
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:16 pm | Edited by: Crystal Lake

Tzatziki!

it's not spicy, though.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 1:22 am

I just like squeezing lemon on mine. I'd imagine raising cane's dippin sauce would be good though. I think it's mayo, ketchup, and ground cayenne.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 3:03 am

That sounds good--I am about to get some that uses a Tzatziki-esque sauce for theirs. They put batter-covered sweet onions and capers in with the camari. It is dammmmmmmn good.

Oh and the lemon is a must!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 8:44 am

Awhh man.
1 clove garlic minced
juice of half a lemon
some mayonaise

I'm not sure on the portion of mayonaise , but I usually just add it slowly untill it's just right.

This sauce is simple, but it's fucking rad. It's also good on fish tacos or any other seafood.

I think the technical term is aoli sauce.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®