Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Fried chicken in Chicago?
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 3:38 pm

Where to go? And don't give me "Popeye's" or "KFC."
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 3:41 pm

you got a problem with Popeye's?
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:33 pm

Yes.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 5:01 pm

I didn't speak up in the Harold's thread, but their chicken is pretty good. Ribs n Bibs is good too.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 5:06 pm

I'm going to try Harold's soon. I heard Ribs & Bibs is closed now, though.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 5:18 pm

I heard Ribs & Bibs is closed now, though.

Really?? Darn. Some people I know thought the chicken there was even better than the ribs.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 6:20 pm

i know it sounds no so good, but they have fried chicken at tony's finer foods on fulerton thats pretty tasty. i think it's chester's. i'm told brown's is great, but never had it. just wait for the north side harolds. (i almost think it is a trap to poison whitey, but i have a lot of crazy stupid ideas)
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 7:12 pm

If the original JJ Fish & Chicken places in Chicago are as good as the ones they've recently opened in Oakland, you've gotta try them. Excellent soul food fish n' chicken place. Guaranteed to only be open in the worst neighborhoods. Great catfish, great chicken. In fact, JJ is worth a visit just for their hush puppies.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:29 pm

too bad there isn't bojangles up here: a fried chicken breast sandwiced between a buttermilk biscuit. repeat that to yourself several times.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:14 pm

a fried chicken breast sandwiced between a buttermilk biscuit. repeat that to yourself several times.

Maybe not as artfully done, but you can get that at Chick Fil-A every morning of the week (cept on the lord's day when they don't open).
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:20 pm

When I lived in Watterson Towers at ISU, they had a Chik-Fil-A in the dining court. I ate there two times a day, every day. It ruled. Not so ruling was eating S'Barro one time a day, every day. S'barro is fucking gross.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:24 pm

Yeah. Chik-Fil-A is one place I can eat at a lot.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:44 pm

shit man I used to eat that chik-fil-A at the waterson towers dining court.

waterson towers!! haha, I lived in there for two years
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:35 am

what, you chi-towners too hip to speak up on the Harold's thread? I am a fuckin' dork, but you can't tell it on the internet...can you?
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:41 am

I ate some delicious fried chicken from a delivery place called Gold Rush in Milwaukee a week ago. Do you have any of those?
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:00 pm

Eric, I keep hearing good things about this relatively new place called Feed, on Chicago Avenue, but I haven't tried it yet.

http://centerstagechicago.com/restaurants/feed.html
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:25 pm

I've been there, actually -- and it's real good! The chicken is rotisserie and the sides are all homemade, kinda-sorta southern-style. Not too expensive and you get your money's worth. I may go there tonight.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 6:25 pm

I heard Ribs & Bibs is closed now, though.

I drove by there yesterday. It isn't closed.

Anybody ever get the chicken off the rican food truck in humboldt park?
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 7:51 pm

i have a personal bet with myself that the next time i go to feed i will eat a whole chicken. i figure that if i start with the white meat and get that out of the way then i can totally nail the rest. anyone want to watch?
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 10:07 pm

is there a lee's famous recipe here?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®