Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Condiments made out of two or more other condiments!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 7:26 am

Sour cream + smoked paprika
Sour cream + and that sweet, gelatinous chili sauce (good for fries)
Mayo, ketchup, Worsctishire (howeverthefuck you spell it) for burgers
Siracha + ketchup
Butter + honey
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:22 am

shrimp cocktail sauce (ketchup + horseradish + worchestershire)
mayo + red wine vinegar for sandwiches
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 7:32 pm

Peanut butter + honey
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:07 pm

mayo + horseradish mustard
mayo + chipotle peppers
Sriracha + melted butter
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:55 pm

ketchup+pickle relish+mayo= thousan island dressing
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:57 pm

mustard + brown sugar + maple syrup
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:00 pm

mustard + brown sugar + maple syrup

As some kinda meat glaze?
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:06 pm

I bet it's great on a ham sammich.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:08 pm

Sriracha
Someone pronounce this for me, please. Then tell me what it is.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:11 pm

ser-ah-cha

Asian (Korean?) hot sauce, also comonly know as "Rooster Sauce" 'cause it's got a rooster on the bottle. Bright red, consistency almost like ketchup. Pretty spicy.Sriracha is a misspelling- should be SIRACHA.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:13 pm

Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:23 pm

Cock Sauce.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:57 pm

Kickin' Chicken!
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 1:32 am

i work at a place that serves fries so i change up my dipping sauce quite a bit to keep things interesting.

right now my sauce consists of blue cheese dressing and Secret Aardvark Habenero hot sauce. it has gotten a high approvement rate from fierydrunk, two co-workers and seven customers.

there is customer, known fondly as "the pepper guy," who dumps a half a shaker of pepper into some Hienz. the ratio is about 53% Heinz 47% black pepper and has the consistity of a stone ground mustard. this has inspired me to experiment the same method, with a different spice and ratio. i go with 70% Heinz to 30 % Popeyes Cajan Sparkle. i love it. Sometimes I just go into Popeyes and tell them they forgot my Sparkles just so i've got some on hand when i do fish and chips. I've even got a spice bottle that i fill with the little packets. its labled with a taped, empty Cajan Sparke packet. props to fierydrunk for making that for me.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 2:02 am

Yo where you work at?

You should try some of that sour cream + chilli sauce on fries. It's that red, sorta see-through stuff with the flakes of chilli in it and it's kinda sweet. Just put a spoonful of sc in a ramekin and pour some of that chilli shit on top.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 2:26 am

i wait tables at genies on SE division. it's a breakfast/luch cafe. decent grub and a full bar.

i'll take your advice onthe sour cream and chili sauce.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 2:32 am

Ahhh Genies. You know Dan Spitz? He used to work there, I used to work with him over at Gotham/Ripe/Family Supper.

I dig that Tasso benedict I had there once, and those potato pancake things that looked like spiders. I think that stuff got taken off the menu, though. I haven't been there in a loooooong time.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 2:40 am | Edited by: hollis brown

yeah, you an i have discussed spitz on the here before, i think. i linked you with a review of his retaurant in saratoga. dan and me were always cool. he might have taken advantage of a few of my fellow employees as far as money lending goes. he's a hustler and a hell of a cook. taught me alot and showed me respect so he's good in my book. heard he was back in town, or coming back to town or some shit? his restaurant is seasonal and i hear it did pretty well it's first year. last time i ran into him he showed up at me and fierydrunks wedding reception. it was cool to see him. guy can fucking cook. he's not that good of a condiment though.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 4:07 am

Yeah- you're totally right- we have discussed this.

Total hustler, fucking great cook... I think you and I had pretty similar Spitz experiences.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 5:21 am

joe-

come on through genie's sometime soon. monday's are best as my coworker that day is into the most goner-friendly music from my ipod. i'll get you a bloody mary or two and make sure your well fed.

on another note, through some of your other posts, i gather we might have another acquaintance in common. did you go to school with chris williams? he and i used to catch a drink together every so often as he worked with my ex at outdoor school. i know you mentioned going to school with adam, terry and those guys and i thought he did too. if so, do you know what he's up too? i haven't seen him in a few years. probably since my last visit to escape from new york.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 5:28 am

HA! TEENWOLF!

Yeah- I totally know Chris. He didn't go to the same HS as the rest of us, but he dated a few of my classmates and hung around a lot. I usually only see him at Escape or the occasional show. Ahhh, what a small fucking town this is.

I will definately come by Genie's soon. I haven't been for months- my ex lived down the street, but since we broke up, I don't get to that part of town very often. But I will.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 7:29 am

that's right, i remember the teen wolf reference from some mercury article. i first knew of him as "fuzzy roller" which was his camp name when he worked with my ex. i remember her calling me her first week there and saying "there's a cool kid here who's into the gories and oblivians!" chris is good people and if you happen to run into him before me tell him ryan brown said hello.

i know it's a long way from your hood but if your broke and hungry come throught genies for the goner discount. as i said, monday's are best but i'm there tuesdays and thursdays too. don't bother coming on the weekend. it's a madhouse.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 11:17 am

I'm there.

My roommate and I are always tryin' to brainstorm breakfast joints... she's got a car, so I'l make it happen. Next monday, hopefully.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®