Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 9:51 pm

I'm in Chicago for a few days and at this very moment, I've got on the WTTW (PBS) Julia Child marathon.

They're showing episodes from the very beginning of her show. Amazing and fun to watch
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 11:27 pm

woohoo!!! party!!!
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 12:07 am

Theresa, you should read:

"Julie and Julia : 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen" - about a woman in Queens that cooked every recipe in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in one year. It's very funny. Who knew there were so many kinds of aspic?

(I need to get that book back to you, Andria.)
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 12:15 am

thanks for the tip... i will read that for sure.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 3:56 am

Of course,OPB is showing Caprial & John bicker in their kitchen. Grrr!
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 5:59 am

Caprial + John are HILARIOUS!

I saw all about oysters, and Caprial's prattling on anout how great the NW and it's sea food are, so they cut to one of those pre-recorded segments that they do, and John and Caprial go to the coast to get oysters.

All very typical. The best part comes when the oyster-monger (?) starts crackin' em open and offering them to John and Caprial.. John's like "OH YEAH! I love oysters! MMM HMMM!" and he offers one to Caprial and she goes "John, you know I don't eat oysters." HAHAHAHA!

Then why are you doing an ENTIRE EPISODE about them? I love John + Caprial!
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 7:32 am

NPR runs a cooking radio show on weekends and when my batteries are strong I picked up that French cooking is out and Spanish cooking is in.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 7:35 am

french TECHNIQUE will always be the best foundation you can have as a cook regardless of the cuisine you prepare
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 8:25 am

One of the coolest things I saw at the Smithstonian(s) was the rebuild of Julia Child's actual kitchen. Just saying, shit was cool.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:50 am

Michalin star power is out too
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 2:17 am

I've never been to that exhibit, richie, but I have spent about an hour looking at it here.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 3:05 am

Caprial just bitches at John and tells him how to do EVERYTHING when he is just doing just fine, if not better, with her advice. Do they show that show anywhere but here?
Posted: Apr 9, 2006 9:53 am

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®