Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Bechamel/cream sauces?
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 8:30 pm

I'd like to make a simple cream sauce for pasta, pine nuts and artichoke hearts for lunch...with a little parm. The first time I put butter in--no no no, it tasted too buttery. They last time, too much parm.

How do I make a cream sauce that is just simple to toss linguini in?

THANKS!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 8:42 pm

That carbonara was great and easy.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 8:49 pm

Do I just heat some heavy cream up and throw in some grated cheese & pine nuts with the pasta? I just want it SIMPLE and not too rich.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 9:52 pm

Well, to make a real cream sauce you're supposed to make a roux. Butter, flour, and then add cream, or other liquids, slowly.
Hmmm...
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 11:21 pm

Just reduce the cream for a while, don't need a roux...we did it up like that with shrimps...maybe butter and cheese was chucked in at the end. It was good. Just cook it down until it coats a spoon. Bechamel is a kinda thick for pasta.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 11:38 pm

A little garlic sautéed in olive oil, then heavy cream, let it rise and reduce...top with a little nutmeg and black pepper. Classic alfredo sauce.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 1:06 am

Thanks so much--I just want the lightest sauce possible with that creamy taste to top with the cheese.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 2:19 am

Bechamel is a kinda thick for pasta.

unless you're greek..... its the basis of our own lasagne, which we call pastitsio
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 9:54 pm

I made a chocolate bechamel for dessert once, slightly different from mouse in texture, not much, and really delicious!
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 10:15 pm

slightly different from mouse in texture

let's hope more than slightly. :)
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 6:14 am

Best [url=https://club.cooking/recipe/bechamel-sauce/]bechamel sauce[/url] I've ever tried. And it's very tasty with pasta as well!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®