Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / A 184-proof whisky - Whoo-Hoo!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:37 pm

A 184-proof whisky, Mon Feb 27, 6:04 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Following a 17th century recipe, one of the eight artisanal whisky producers on the tiny Scottish isle of Islay will produce a dozen barrels of 184-proof whisky, the company announced.

That's 92 percent alcohol, which is about as strong as whisky can get without being sold in a pharmacy.

"The first taste affects all the members of the body," a 1695 description of the elixir reads. "Two spoonfuls of this last liquor is a sufficient dose -- if any man should exceed this, it would presently stop his breath, and endanger his life."

The Bruichladdich distillery said it would install webcams so that customers thirsty with anticipation could watch the potentially lethal concoction come into being.

"If the distillery doesn't explode during the process," Bruichladdich added.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:43 pm

i can't believe this loser sits there retyping this shit. nice life.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:52 pm

Back atcha!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 3:26 pm

Ned, make sure you chase your bipolar meds with a shot of that shit! PARTY!
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 6:05 am

I go for fine taste
savin' up for a trip to Scotland
I'll assume my old CIA personality
when it comes to passport time.
wait, wasn't Passport some kinda
Scoth blend they served at the Playboy
Club whn Gloria S had a bunny tail?
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 6:07 am

i can't believe this loser sits there retyping this shit. nice life.

have you heard about this nifty trick called 'cut and paste'? great big time saver here in the computer age.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 6:21 pm

I heard about that wonderfull elixer on republican talk radio. I wonder if I'll go blind the first time I drink it. I'm willing to take that chance!
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 4:56 am

Ned if you were ever unsure of a cut and paste function on a computer...Mrs. Punk Rock pretty much summed it up. Cut and paste dummy! Action Swingers U.S. Tour! I'll drive.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 3:26 pm | Edited by: dirk diggler

have you heard about this nifty trick called 'cut and paste'? great big time saver here in the computer age.[/i

it was supposed to be a joke on lametrain. like he was the one who was so dumb he didn't know about cut and paste. like he was sitting there in his apartment reading it out of the newspaper and copying it onto the computer word by word.

[i]Action Swingers U.S. Tour! I'll drive.

woohoo!!! i'll get my ass kicked in every town. party!!!
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 3:29 pm

wait maybe i am the dumb one.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®