Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Goner Cookbook 2nd printing???
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 11:40 pm

Doing a 2nd printing Eric & Zac?
This fucking puppy I felt sorry for just ate my copy.
Goddamnit!!!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 5:21 pm

I guess not huh?
That's too bad. I'll just have to learn to live with it. It's mostly intact. Just the cover and the contents page destroyed.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 5:36 pm

I don't know what the hell happened to mine.. probably melted. ah well.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 12:08 am | Edited by: eric o

I know, I know!

We screwed up the layout so it doesn't really exist digitally right now... we'd have to redo the layout. i think we have the whole thing as a word file. if anyone wants to help with that (pagemaker/quark/indesign experience) we could use it.

What do you think- straight re-printing, or a whole new volume. Or both?
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 1:04 am

New volume. Anyone who wants to re-submit what they feel are "Classics" should do it, but we all have grown so much in our skill level and numbers since Vol 1...we need to do a Vol 2 and get that thing reviewed!!!!
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 1:48 am

I'd dig a reprint since mine was destroyed, but I'd like to get a recipe or two in volume two.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 1:57 am

Reprint (for those of us who missed out the first time) AND new volume. AWESOME!
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 2:19 am

man, I gotta start cookin if I wanna get any new shit published. I've been slackin off big time.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 6:27 pm

yeah, i'm pretty much still at the same place. y'all been pro-gressin!
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 7:30 pm

I still have to look have the words in the FOOD section on Google.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 11:18 pm

Both, please.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 1:29 am

i'm votin' for a new volume.

and put that word file of volume 1 up on the int-tro-net!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 1:51 am

i'm pretty much still at the same place

i have a picture of you that i love. you're doing what i think you do damn well (no need for progress): grill hot dogs
(i got one of martel too. firebugs, botha ya!)
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 2:35 am

both. but add a glossary in the back of the second one.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:08 am

Why not do it up like the old Junior League ones where they keep the same dumb title every year for like 40 years and just add on and take off the stuff that everyone is sick of? You could even jack up the price and get it spiral bound like those...so very dope.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:21 am

add a thesaurus, too.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:24 am

and a sterling to metric conversion chart
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:28 pm

I'll volunteer to do the layout as a barter deal. Ask Theresa K. - I set up her posters and whatnot for her...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:50 pm

I'll volunteer too. I'm not sure there's anything I can do, 'cept provide you with part of that glossary/thesaurus part.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:54 pm

It should not be the same color as my Goner Coffee Mug. That color is currently"invisible".

Maybe include a Chinese Year/Animal quick-look-up table for when you make it at the house, but have no placemats.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 11:17 pm

Or both?

i missed out the first go-round

so both...and when is the submission date going to be for recipes? are there limits to the number of recipes a single individual can submit...oh man my dad is gonna kill me if he finds out i'm giving out his recipes...this is so exciting...
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Anyway this is coming back? I like cooking and I'd love to have this book.
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 1:41 am

cough , brown nose
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®