Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:57 pm

I am about to eat my very first portobello sandwich. So late in the game!!!! By the way, there is some very icky flu/fever/swollen throat thing going around here so i have been alternately sleeping and watching "Style Me with Rachel Hunter" all day.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 10:13 pm

That's a mushroom, right? Sick...
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 10:22 pm

joe you ate a portabello once, remember? It was fried & came with cream gravy...you loved it!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 10:25 pm

Did you know?

People who eat mushrooms have a better sense of well-being and have mad love skills.

Mushroom haters breathe through their mouths and typically hump fire hydrants.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 10:28 pm

you loved it!

Nuh-uh! I thought it was ok for a 'shroom. I wouldn't eat another bit if you offered it to me. Ick.

Stands, I really only posted anti-'shroom sentiments to hear more of your backwards wisdom. "Mad love." See what I mean???
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 10:29 pm

I dig.

Freedom hater.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 11:49 pm

I really like portabellos. I can't believe you've never eaten one, fiery!
There used to be this mafiosa coke dealing place off the square that had really good portabello sandwiches.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 12:07 am

It was yum! Marianated in balsamic with greens, grilled onions on grilled como bread. I am sold!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:17 am

Portabello is the king of mushrooms! If it's fresh & cooked right- it can taste just like a delicious steak (without all the blood guilt!). Don't get me wrong- I prefer a steak- but that is a damn fine mushroom.

Burgerville has fried portabellos as one of their seasonal items every year.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:36 am

Ummm....I never thought about fried portabellos. My southern is slipping...
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:47 am

This one was grilled. are the Burgerville ones battered
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:48 am

Hey fiery, I just started a topic in ??? in which I need your advice.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:51 am

I LOVE portabellos....fried, sauteed, broiled, grilled, and of course marinaded.

I also kinda love Style Me w/ Rachel Hunter. How's 'bout that John?!?!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:51 am

Yep- they're battered- pretty standard fast food fryer action but just to see them on the menu now & again is nice. I believe they come with ranch or blue cheese or some such for dipping. I wouldn't say they're Burgerville's BEST seasonal item. That award goes to the Chocolate Hazelnut shake.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:28 am

Nah, the marionberry shake takes the cake for me!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:30 am

Luciferous- where were you in the candy bar thread? Chocolate-hazelnut is the BOMB! But fresh berry shakes are pretty untouchable... mmmmmmm, marionberry.......
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:31 am

OK, I have been watching those Style Me's back-to-back...she is going more the Tyra route and that dude with the pencil thin stasche? Is that John? They are so damn cruel, but low-budget. I love how when Rachel Hunter told that guy to cut the "emotional BS" because she knows how it is how to "be on the other side of a reality show" and you just gotta "eat it." Rawr!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:36 am

More wisdom Mr. Stands! More wisdom!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:40 am

What channel, fiery?
Man, I think she's older than me. I kindof would've liked to be married to Rod Stewart for all that time, though. He's so funny and fey.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:40 am

John is the guy with the big head of curly hair, really gay, wears dresses and is in the final 4. I think Franco is the dude with the 'stash. I haven't seen every episode, but don't think I neccessarily care for Rachel Hunter either. I'm bracing myself for Tyra this next season: have a feeling I'm going to hate her even more if she lays that talk-show-Tyra-schtick on heavy.

Re: portabellos ; Franklin Farms brand portabello hot dogs are delicious. They are way better than any tofu dog can ever be.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:41 am

John is the guy with the big head of curly hair, really gay, wears dresses and is in the final 4. I think Franco is the dude with the 'stash. I haven't seen every episode, but don't think I neccessarily care for Rachel Hunter either. I'm bracing myself for Tyra this next season: have a feeling I'm going to hate her even more if she lays that talk-show-Tyra-schtick on heavy.

Re: portabellos ; Franklin Farms brand portabello hot dogs are delicious. They are way better than any tofu dog can ever be.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:43 am

oops, sorry my computer freaked out on me.

Style Me is on the We Channel. They also have #1 Star - Lisa Loeb searching for love.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:49 am

Oh I've seen Lisa Loeb. Caught a couple of episodes this weekend. She seems so sane and normal. A little whiny...but pretty normal nonetheless.
I'll look for the Rachel Hunter thing. Thanks!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:57 am

Luciferous- where were you in the candy bar thread? Chocolate-hazelnut is the BOMB!

Not much of candy muncher these days... but choc-hazelnut can't be beat. I've heard many dirty stories involving Nutella.
Have you ever tried some toasted hazelnuts with blue cheese on a salad? Magic! I also enjoy hazelnuts & blue cheese on my pizza a la American Dream. Crap... I prolly should've started a hazelnut thread...
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 3:06 am

I think we're headed to Slow Bar right now for dinner... their house salad is one of the best in town- candied (but not cloying) hazelnuts (that are also kinda spicy) over greens with goat cheese and simple vinnagrette. $5!!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 3:19 am

Acme's got a similar thing going- baby spinach, hazelnuts, blue cheese chunks & balsamic vinagrette. If they still do happy hour- you can get it for $2. Not too shabby...
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 3:32 am

Hey, fiery. My girlfriend's cousin is on that Style Me show and I forgot to tape it last night. Has the thin, blond tattooed girl been eliminated yet?
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 3:45 am

I ate some mushrooms today.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 4:10 am

I hope you mean the fun kind! I haven't had those in ages....Ah, memories...

cthort - are you talking about Buick? The one described as working as a "rock band member"?
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 4:17 am

That's her.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 4:37 am

Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:52 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Oh no, Buick is sill around. I think she won a challenge the other day. I like her the best except for this total intersexual freakazoid (john) who is truly the most talented...which makes sense. One question: Is Buick her real name? That would be one big strike against her if she just calls herself Buick.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 4:00 pm

I like John's style (I think he even makes a good girl) but did you see the bracelete he glued to those shoes? Big mistake. But not as big as the green dress fiasco. Whadda shame.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 4:48 pm

Yeah, the bracelet thing was just cheap. He did fantastic with that fanny-packed mom tourist though. "Global chic". Gawd. I liked that fat black chick's Nordic babe look though--at least the hair and sweater.

Rachel Hunter is a cooze.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 7:20 pm

Buick is her real name.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 8:11 pm

Then she's all good. You know, you never know about "those types".
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 2:52 pm

You can make a pretty neat pizza with portabellos, carmelized onions and blue cheese.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 4:12 pm

do you sautee the 'bellos with the onions?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 1:50 am

You probably could, but might risk making it more greasy than you want...I just generally brush some olive oil lightly on the portabellos before I put them on the pizza and then go right into the oven as such...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 2:04 am

so, i had this client for whom i did PR - he played w/ rod stewart for manyyears... so when you say

Man, I think she's older than me. I kindof would've liked to be married to Rod Stewart for all that time, though.

i have this amusing anecdote from said client who attended their wedding:
rachel hunter's dad is a year or two within rod's age. maybe even a year younger! can you imagine marrying someone who's dad is younger than you? weird.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 12:26 pm

I was reminded late last night that the aforementioned pizza uses fontina as a "base" cheese and then the blue cheese is sprinkled on as an accent...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:15 pm

Portobellos barbecue nice.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®