Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Ever try to eat healthy?
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 2:57 pm

it fucking sucks big balls!
I thought it would be easier to eat healthy...as it turns out, food that's good for you taste like cardboard...
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 4:06 pm

It sucks, but I have to. My cholesterol is low about 145, but my cardiologist wants it down around 100. I pretty much don't eat fried food or hamburgers anymore, maybe 3-4 times a month. I do eat pretty much what I want on Sundays and the rest of the week I try to be good.
I used to live on corndogs and fried chicken, now it's baked skinless chicken and whole wheat pasta. At least beer is fat-free.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 4:43 pm

whole wheat pasta
Try the Spelt pasta, it's healthy too and tastes a hell of a lot better...
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 6:37 pm

It's all about learning how to cook and using the best ingredients you can afford. Makes haelthy a LOT easier to deal with, and tastier, too.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 7:10 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

I used to live on corndogs

I eat very healthy during the week. On the weekend, I overeat and eat BAD. My bad food this weekend included 3 corndogs from the supermarket deli. The "corn sheath" on the corndogs was as great as ever, but the hot dog they used was the worst dog I've ever eaten in my life! The dogs were so bad I almost didn't eat all three of them.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:40 pm

no
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 7:57 pm

there's also brown rice pasta if you don't like the cardboard quality of whole wheat pasta
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 8:05 pm

I will never give up regualr pasta unless they make it so it tastes just like the real stuff.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:29 pm

Yesterday I had a chicken fried steak on french bread, swimming in mayo. and a huge plate of onion rings.

but that was the only thing I ate yesterday.

today all I've eaten is a can of sardines and some crackers.

so I'm pretty healthy.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:30 pm

can of sardines and some crackers.

I love this shit!
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 8:32 am

Eat healthy and eat different ethnic food. White people health food really does taste like crap, and I've been vegan for 13 years. I avoid white people health food at all costs.
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 12:46 pm

Deny yourselves...NOTHING!
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 4:19 am

Eat healthy and eat different ethnic food.

and i would add, if you do have to eat white people food learn to use other spices besides salt, pepper and lemon pepper.

thats why most white people food sucks...we're still puritans when it comes to food.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 9:06 pm

eating pizza everyday is healthy. I think i need to eat better..gotta eat more vegatables and fruit. Its also good for your mind.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 9:31 pm

yeah i tried that healthy eating shit today. cucumber wrap with sprouts and basil cream cheese. it tasted like I was eating my front yard. and I'm still hungry.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 9:53 pm

it tasted like I was eating my front yard.

your front yard? Is that what chicks are calling it these days?
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 10:42 pm

Posted: Mar 18, 2006, 3:31 pm Quote
yeah i tried that healthy eating shit today. cucumber wrap with sprouts and basil cream cheese. it tasted like I was eating my front yard. and I'm still hungry.

Man.... that doesn't sound good at all..... total white people food.

Eat a falafel instead!!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 3:19 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

I decided to start havng a salad for lunch everyday. If I usulally eat sandwiches and chips for lunch everyday, will the salads help me get rid of this fucked up stomach I've grown? I think Paddy Bullocks did this Monday thru Thursday and celebrated on Fridays with some fucked up greaseball lunch and he lost weight. I don't know if he did excersize though. I don't wanna hafta.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 3:40 pm

My mom is a super health-ball nut. Her and her husband would go on these diets where they eat nothing but "whole foods" - fruit, vegtables, fish, whole grain bread (no cheeseburgers, bacon, ice cream, cookies, etc) until Sunday. Then on Sunday they would eat whatever they wanted. This usually included a 1/2 gallon of ice cream for my stepdad. I guess it was a good way of still getting in their cravings. You could try a modified version of this. I think the salad-at-lunch-thing will only make you lose weight if you're substituting them for high fat foods.

OR you could just get the stomach flu and/or food posioning. Losing weight was never so easy.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 3:50 pm

I prefer the good old fashioned "starving myself" method.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 4:10 pm

I think the salad-at-lunch-thing will only make you lose weight if you're substituting them for high fat foods.

Like I said, I usually eat sandwiches and chips. I'ma get slender again, right?
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 5:01 pm

What kind of sandwiches? And what kind of salads are you making? Fried chicken salads with bacon bits, tons of dressing and cheese probably won't do you any good.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 5:09 pm

I was eating typical cold cuts with cheese sandwishes and potato chips.

I'm packing salads with broccoli, hearts of palm, cucumbers, tomato, one hard boiled egg, some sunflower seeds and balsamic vinagarette dressing.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 6:49 pm

Well, only time will tell. There's really nothing wrong with a belly, anyways. I like to rub them for good luck. Sometimes they can be sexy. It's all how you flaunt it. Or hide it.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 6:52 pm

My belly is sexy as fuck! I just wanna be slightly healthier and fit into my clothes that used to fit.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 7:07 pm

Walk every single day. Or walk more than you normally do.

I know big guy (300+ lbs.) who started substitiuting avacado and hummus for mayo on his sandwiches. He's actually lost about 30 lbs so far just by making small adjustments like that.

Yr salads sound good. But I think it's stupid to diet and lose weight just to gain it back, ya know?

Wanna hear something pathetic? My stupid once-super-skinny sister has had 2 kids and she's just gave me a bunch of "post-pregnancy weight" clothes. AND THEY FIT! The worst part is my ass actually looks kinda good in 'em.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 7:49 pm

can you c lotta ass?
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 8:13 pm

no crack, but it's lookin' so fine it's more like c lotta spanks!
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 2:36 am

your front yard? Is that what chicks are calling it these days?
I knew i should have rephrased that.

There's really nothing wrong with a belly, anyways. I like to rub them for good luck. Sometimes they can be sexy. It's all how you flaunt it. Or hide it.
YES!!!!! I agree. I don't always like it when I have a huge gut, but for some reason I like them on other people.

I prefer the good old fashioned "starving myself" method.
i call it the no-money-for-groceries-diet. it's the only diet that really works.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 5:56 pm

I used to be really anti-belly on boys, but I'm growing to like it, as long as it's accompanied by other roly-poly accessories such as a good shaggy haircut and some endearing facial hair.

There's one Memphis boy who's grown a belly over the years, and I adore it!
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 6:00 pm

There's one Memphis boy who's grown a belly over the years
There are far more than one.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 10:15 pm

True... there's just one belly that I'm fonder of than others.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 1:42 am

HOnestly, just cut out all the garbage food you eat and start excercising. i think Paddy did a very regimented diet and he rarely ate "bad" foods---that included hot dogs, pizza, carbs, bread, etc. In fact, I think he was doing the low carb thing. He ate lots of fish, salads, etc. He cut out beer, too, I think, and would only drink Liquor. Ha! ANyhow, typically, if you excercise, you should be fine and be able to eat basically what you would like, (within reason), but from the sounds of the crap you ingest (from reading this board), you really need to stay away from hot dogs, cheese, chips, pastrami sammies, and all sorts of other shit! Sorry!!! Also, drink LOTS of water. It will help flush out your system. If you dont like to excercise, try walking more--it;s a good start. It doesnt have to be super strenuous, but it is a good form of excercise, and you dont have to belong to a gym to do it.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 1:47 am

Oh yes, one more thing...cutting out cheese will do wonders! and cutting down on the booze. Weight goes away VERY quickly if you chill on the drinking. (not fun, but true.) try soy cheese. There are decent kinds out there. I agree with the Hummus substitution too...it can be very flavorful and low fat. Avacados are delish, but tres fattening....even if its the good fat.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:31 am

you can make a great fake cream cheese with yogurt too

strain plain nonfat yogurt - get the water out. you'll be left w/ a cheesey spread like cream cheese

you can also BUY yogurt cheese

its delicious and less fattening than other cheese
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:23 am

i shaved my beard off and lost about 5 pounds
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 9:25 pm

i shaved my beard off and lost about 5 pounds

AGHHHHHHHHHHH! why?
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 12:21 am

I lost 25 pounds in a few months last year by simply cutting out fast food, junk food and soda. No exercising at all--just give up on the sugar and grease. Of course between the holidays and touring this winter I gained back 15 of it but I'm actually gonna start exercising so I can get it gone and keep it gone.

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 10:37 pm

AGHHHHHHHHHHH!

calm down its just hair...that happens to grow really fast
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®