Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Speaking of chain restaraunts...
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 9:50 pm

Anybody been to Claim Jumper? That place has really tasty food, GIANT portions, and the kind of gay pseudo whatever-era-they're-trying-to-pull off decor that consumers expect from a corporate feedbag. I love the place!
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 10:30 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

DUDE! That place rules! How about that Motherload super-chocolate cake? One slice has got to weigh about 2lbs. They have the unsliced motherload cakes in the glass pastry case and the cakes are the size and shape of a beer keg! The only downside- the place is always packed and they don't take reservations- at least at the one nearest here. It's always at least an hour wait during the dinner hour, usually longer.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 10:35 pm

The food is gooooooooooood, but maybe slightly too salty. I think I was only there twice. Can't remember what I got either time but I loved it. I thnk it's a west coast only chain.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 10:47 pm

Don't sound like no west coast chain I ever heard of.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 10:55 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

They appear to have them in every west coast state, except Oregon. Sorry, chum.

http://www.claimjumper.com/hypertext/locations_il.htm

Another chain place I liked was Blackeyed Pea, which is mostly in Texas, I think. The chicken fried steak was awesome and it was the size of a frisbee.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 11:13 pm

Argh! Foiled again!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 12:55 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Blackeyed Pea
They have one in one of the suburb-towns ouside Memphis, Bartlett.
Not bad for a chain meat-n-threes. It's rare around here to find a chain-type place that has the fried okra and butter-beans.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 1:38 am

I used to like Blackeyed Pea and back in the 80's, Ruby Tuesdays was not bad.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 1:39 am

Ah ha! Claim Jumper opens soon in both Clackamas AND Tualitin!!! Oregon will be fed.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 1:51 am

Get there early!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 2:11 am

Clackamas AND Tualitin?

I'll kill myself before you ever see in either of those places. Unless I'm fiending for meth...
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 6:50 am

meth...
??? ever have to work with a waitress who's in meth recovery
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 6:56 am

whats that place in missouri that throws rolls at you
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®