Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Best breads and where to get them
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 4:49 am

I'm a bread junky. If a meal doesn't have some sort of bread in it then it's just not right. Rolls, buns, biscuits, breadsticks, beer bread, whatever. Here's my favorite breads in the world:

6) Hungry Jack Flaky Biscuits
5) Bread loaves from Spaghetti Warehouse
4) Any kind of homemade bread with beer in it
3) Cheesy rolls from Red Lobster
2) My wife's stromboli - it has other stuff in it but mostly just her homemade bread
1) 3-way tie - breadsticks from Fazolis, biscuits from KFC (with honey) and the rolls with cinnamon butter from Texas Roadhouse
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 5:15 am

Ummm... spaghetti warehouse. I love that place. They have some of the best tiramisu. Well, they used to but they changed their menu. Good bread!

I forgot about Red Lobster - those biscuits are the bomb!

There's this place called Great Harvest in Westerville that makes this jalapeno cheddar bread that I really can't live without. I'm going there tomorrow. Thanks a lot Devildog.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 5:26 am

Wow! that really brings back great memories! We used to hit that Great Harvest store all the time when I lived in Columbus. My mother loved toasting their honeywheat bread and I'd always go out of the way to grab 2-3 loaves before going home. They also had this unreal breakfast bread of some sort that had cheese and stuff in it. I don't remember ever having the jalapeno cheddar but it's now on my list.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 5:38 am

That honey wheat is a staple! I just tried jalapeno cheddar at Thanksgiving for the first time.... It's sick how good it is.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Hope thats not the same Spaghetti Horehouse we have here in Memphis...last time I ate there (with my grandmother about 10 years ago) the marinara tasted the way that vomit smells.....seriously, seriously gross!! People in town love that shit too....YUCK!
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 4:16 pm

Spaghetti Warehouse is a joke. I hope it is a different one or y'all are being facecious.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 7:18 pm

The only one I've ever been to is in Dayton, OH and our marinara does not smell like vomit.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 7:24 pm

Spaghetti Warehouse is like an 1800's themed Olive Garden.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 7:32 pm

I went to Target (of all places) and bought a baguette for a dollar not expecting much. I was surprised at how good it was.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Here my fave baguettes are the mini baguettes from Ken's Artisan
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 8:14 pm

The croissants at Ken's are the best in the world.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 8:58 pm

and our marinara does not smell like vomit.

Ours either! And I like Olive Garden, too! Even their breadsticks..
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 9:46 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

And I like Olive Garden, too! Even their breadsticks..

I'm not big on chain "family"restaurants, but Olive Garden has all-you-can-eat breadsticks and salad, which are both quite good and a tremendous value. Thusly, I refuse to criticize the place.

Is Spaghetti Works and Warehouse the same chain? They both have that faux-old timey decor. I know one of those places has all-you-can-eat pasta that's served fresh, not from a steam table. Once again, for that alone, I am unable to criticize the place.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:53 pm

Man...Olive Garden is the Italian Applebees. Sure... I can dig on some all you can eat salad and breadsticks I guess, but i swaer to good that place is the saltiest food ever. The salad dressing, the breadsticks, the spinach artichoke dip and even the sauce that I ahd on my pasta. I went there about 2 or 3 years ago with my aunt and im still thirsty from that meal...way too salty...YUCK!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®