Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Pimento Cheese?
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 8:27 pm

I need a GREAT recipe. I had one that had 2 cheeses in it once and it was stellar. Any ideas?
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 8:28 pm

you need Carol Oswald's recipe. killa!
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 8:29 pm

Pimentos
Cheese

Stir.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 8:46 pm

Is this Carol someone who would have her recipes online or in a book?
Hook me up!
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 8:47 pm

YEAH for Google!

Hattley's Garage Triple Cheese Pimiento Cheese

1-1/2 cups grated smoked Cheddar cheese

3 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese

3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese

1 tomato, finely chopped

4 roasted red peppers, finely chopped

6 green onions, chopped

1-1/2 tsp. celery seed

1 cup chopped pecans

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

Dressing:

1/2 cup mayonnaise

2/3 cup sour cream

1 tbs. Dijon mustard

1/4 cup parsley, chopped

2 tsp. dried basil

2 tsp. dried thyme

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Mix cheeses, tomato, roasted red peppers, green onions, celery seed, pecans, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.

Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add dressing to cheese mixture and stir to incorporate. Spread 1/3 cup of pimiento cheese on each of two slices of wheat bread. Place on baking sheet and heat in oven for 5 to 7 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly brown. Serves 8.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 10:11 pm

speaking of which, i don't think i've seen that stuff in chicago at all. i'll stop by edmar, but i seriously doubt it's up here. thanks for making me want it again.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 3:44 am

gotta use best foods mayo, or something as equally creamy
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:25 pm

Fiery, I hated that Hattley's pimento cheese concoction! It was just plain assed weird.
The HoneyBaked Ham place has really, really good pimento cheese...or maybe that's Holiday Ham now? I can't keep up.

I made some day before yesterday, but it's nothing fancy. Sharp cheddar, pimentos, Hellman's, pepper.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:37 pm

I was gonna say, some of that is just TOO TOO. I am lookin' for two, maybe three cheeses (and not asiago--cheddar and another softer cheese like jack), mayo, pimentos, a tad of mustard and maybe something else to kick up the flavor. I used to get this kind at the Fresh Market in Knoxville that was heavenly.

I am bummed right now cos I missed out on this eBay auction of 5 Charleston SC Junior League-ish cookbooks.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®