Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 4:19 pm

Liverwurst, Braunschweiger, whatever you wan't to call it. I think it gets a bad rap. Had a delicious sandwich last night with horseradish mustard, a slice of provolone, on wheat toast. Natural casing liversausage of course. Anyone got any suggestions for other combos? My gramps used to eat liversausage and limburger sandwiches. I don't know if I'm into that. Or am I the only one who eats this shit?
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 4:25 pm

I used to love liverwurst when I was a kid. One day a neighbor gave me a liverwurst sandwich and I went right home and puked it all over the place. Ain't touched it since.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 5:30 pm

The only liver sausage i like is the boudin. Boudin, hot sauce, saltines, col' beer.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:43 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Braunsweiger. Yum. With chewy baguette...
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 9:23 pm

Oh man, Alisa, I'm so glad we're back together!

I love liver products!!! When I was in Paris, at the local supermarket chain (Monoprix) they had these cans of "Mousse de Canard"- duck-liver paté- for, like, one euro.

I ate that shit for lunch every day for two weeks. A tin of liver and some mustard and some o' that yummy French baguette...
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Joe, I knew that tuna melt thing was just a fluke...
I left out the mustard, but that's exactly what I was thinking.
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 4:50 am

I swear the sausage at McD's has liver in it. It has that distinctive liver taste to it. Not that I'm knocking it, just saying.
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 6:42 am

carney is a genius. boudin all the way, king of liver sausage. everything else is so pasty, I like the ricey texture of boudin.
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 7:16 am

I'm intrigued by this boudin you speak of. Can one of you Louisiana folks recommend this stuff: http://www.cajungrocer.com/default.php?cPath=32
or show me something else I could get in or shipped up north?
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 7:45 am

Poche's on that page is supposed to be real good. Get the pork boudin links.

I would also recommend going to http://www.boudinlink.com/. A lot of the places listed on there will ship their product to you. You can google and get their phone numbers and call them to see if they'll do it. Talking on the phone with some of these places will be like time travel, it's worth it just for that. Also inquire about getting some cracklin sent to you as well.
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 4:28 pm

I like the ricey texture of boudin.

That was maggots.
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm

Liverwurst on thin-sliced dark Danish bread, open face, garnished with sliced gherkins.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:12 am

Just had a rice dressing stuffed boneless chicken I bought in Scott, LA. Damn good, the rice dressing had a nice dirty rice chicken liver/pork taste to it. Served with some fresh grean beans cooked with a little tasso I bought with the chicken.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:33 am

i used to love liverwurst. i wonder if i still do? gonna find out!
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:39 am

You gonna vom, bro.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:43 am

i know that's a possibility but i really don't think it will happen. i'm probably in for a rough night but the 'wurst isn't gonna play a part in it.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:46 am

I warned you...
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:48 am

between heaves i'll croak "bazooka joe was right!"
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 7:38 am

i'm craving liverwurst on an onion roll right now.

i have no fucking food in my house.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 7:57 pm

i still love it, but never eat it. if you get the oscar meyer brand the best part is the rind of fat surrounding it. i like pulling that off and eating it first.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 10:54 pm

shit, i just got back from jewel, i should have picked some up.

dang, there's always tomorrow.
shopping list:
onion rolls
liverwurst
various and sundry mustards
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 5:51 am

I got braunschweiger coming out my ears. I love the shit
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®