Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:56 am

A-1 is good on anything. I drink the stuff.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Ive been really in Picapeppa sauce lately. Been puttin it on chicken, pork and even with cheese and crackers. It has tamarind in it which Im a big fan of.

http://www.pickapeppa.com/
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:08 pm

anyone who hasn't already should try Tiger Sauce, it's so fucking good.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:21 pm

Things we always have at home:

Siracha
Choloula
Pimentone (smoked paprika)
olive oil
basalmic
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:26 pm

Pimentone (smoked paprika)

Whatcha do with it?
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:43 pm

It's really good is you mix it with sour cream to go on burritos or beans, you can dust tortillas with it for quesadillas, or sprinkle it on onions or other veggies while they're sauteeing to give whatever you're making an all around earthy, smoky, awesome flavor.

You should be able to get it very easily in NY- here, it's in the "ethnic foods" section of the fancier supermarkets and is about $5 for a pretty good amount.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:46 pm

Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:46 pm

I have Hungarian paprika at home. Same thing or close?
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:50 pm

This is from Spain, and the key is that it's smoked.

Paprika already has that kinda smokey quality, and this just adds to the goodness. It's also a little spicy.

I've never had Hungarian paprika though.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:53 pm

Apparently, Hungarian paprika is naturally more intense/flavorful than Spanish paprika, but I can't find any mention of smoked Hungarian stuff.

http://www.theepicentre.com/Spices/paprika.html
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:41 pm

I've got some Hungarian smoked stuff that I got for a recipe last week. I don't recall the brand but it's easy to get here.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:54 pm

daves insanity sauce...the red and green kinds, so far the red stuff is the hottest shit ive had. Great on hamburgers, sloppy joes too.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 9:21 pm

Tiger Sauce

i second that. it's especially good when you fry sausages and dump some of it on while they cook.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 10:24 pm

mustard in all varieties is my fave condiment
that piccapeppa sauce is pretty good too.
hot sauce is also essential.
i also always have to have on hand: capers, caper berries, horseradish - both the white kind and the kind w/ the beets that's all red, taramasolata (greek yogurt whipped w/ roe), tzatziki (greek version of raita: ie: yogurt/cucumber sauce), tapenade, olives, quince paste
that about does it...oh, and chutney
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:21 am

Me too. Mustard. All varieties.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Weber's Horseradish Mustad
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:56 pm

Weber's Horseradish Mustad

a most wonderful combo: horseradish AND mustard
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 2:50 pm

I used to have a crush on Nellie Olsen when I was 4-7. Little House On The PRARIE episodes were never entertaining unless she was involved.I also had the hots for Lady Elaine on Mr.Rogers! Boomerang-zoomerang-toomerang!!!!! I loves me some Bitches!
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 4:51 am

Horseradish mustard is the thing, wow. Also, the mustard on the dogs at Jacobs Field in Cleveland is the best thing ever. Anyone know what that is?
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 5:03 pm

Weber's Horseradish mustard is a must in my fridge. A friend was over at the house last night with some tacos. He asked if I had any "hot sauce like Tabasco". I felt like showing him the door.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:02 pm

The door in the floor!

Pickapepper's GREAT on jerk chikken!

Fresh horseradish will rock yer clogs, kids! Clean it, scrape it, grate it, and mix with cream, pepper and a little mustard - YOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! A bit hot, like ...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®