Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Feb 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Yea? or Nay?

I love me some oysters on the half-shell. Had some of the best I've ever eaten last night at Gotham... perfectly meaty, but not rubbery at all, and super bracing in that way that raw oysters are. Delicious!

I also like 'em dredged in cornmeal and pan-fried. Mmmmmm. I want some oysters right now!
Posted: Feb 10, 2006 11:03 pm

I probably eat oysters once a week on average.
Posted: Feb 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Posted: Feb 10, 2006 11:23 pm

That picture is making me really hungry.
Posted: Feb 10, 2006 11:41 pm

Alas, the best oyster joint in town CLOSED. It's awful.
Posted: Feb 10, 2006 11:50 pm

Man, I need more women in my life that would lament the passing of an oyster joint.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 12:00 am

Hell fucking yeah. I could eat them everyday.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 12:33 am

Has anyone been to the Oyster Bar on Alberta yet?
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 12:39 am

yay!!!!

and nay to the anderton's closing.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 12:43 am

Man, I need more women in my life that would lament the passing of an oyster joint.

You gotta go find yerself a mermaid.

Oysters- blech! I think of them as sea-loogeys. I'm told Pal Shanty's has the best fried ones in town tho. Can't verify cause I won't touch the lil' buggers.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 12:49 am | Edited by: hollis brown

haven't been to alberta oyster house yet but ate at dan and louis' oyster bar about a month ago. we got a sampler platter and it was really fucking good. we really loved the kamamoto's. they were smaller and tastier than the yaquinas. its a cool place to grab a cocktail downtown whilst trying to avoid the crowds.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 1:21 am

The best kind of women...

I went to this place in Birmingham, AL (of all places!) that had about a dozen different kind of oysters from a dozen different places. It was just weird, and intimidating. I just want big fat juicy ones you can bite a coupla times, then slide down your throat!
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 1:28 am

yeah, I don't know of anyplace here that has anything besides gulf oysters. it wouldn't fly. nobody is going to pay more than $9 for a dozen oysters.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 1:38 am

My record is 2 1/2 dozen at that place that used to be next to the levee out St. Charles at...Carondelet? Ten cents apiece happy hour...many moons ago.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 1:39 am

That's one of the good things about living and eating in the NW: easy access to fresh seafood all the time.

Here, if a place has oysters, they usually offer at least two varieties, if not four or five, from different spots all over Oregon and Washington. Some of the best are from Hood Canal and the Olympic peninsula up in Washington.

Alsia- will you marry me?
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 1:46 am

I will, Joe. If you can get my name right.
I think I'd like living where there's easy access to oysters.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 1:47 am

Damn this keyboard!
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 1:49 am

It's called Cooter Browns.... and I saw Sonya Thomas eat 46 dozen oysters. It was ugly.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 2:27 am

That's it, Cooter Browns. Damn, looks like I'm just a poser. 46...that's...incredible. I'm in awe.

Joe, "keyboard malfunctions" are always a credilble excuse.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:05 am

Cooters........man......
Tuesday nights $5 or $6 pitchers of Shiner/Abita......
Oysters have always been good and cheap there.....at one time the rest of the food was good too....that was a long time ago.....
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:06 am

"Twas a brave man that first ate the oyster"
Oscar Wilde
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 8:09 am

True, but Oscar had a well-known aversion to anything poon-tangy.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 9:19 am

Zing!

And also-

Alisa, my sincere appologies.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 4:34 pm

I am a fan of the larger ones myself, esp. when eating raw or breaded/fried for a sandwich. People out here are just figuring out you can fry oysters.

Oysters Florentine or Rockefeller?

Rockefeller pour moi.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 4:47 pm

I'm all about some oysters.

You ever get the "oyster" of the turkey at Thanksgiving? That's the coolest piece of turkey meat ever. I just found out about it last November.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Aw, Joe...ain't no thang. Oysters and flattery forgive typos anyday!
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:06 pm

Who wants to bet on whether Joe and Alisa are gonna hump?
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:14 pm

You are a scoundrel.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 6:01 pm

Oysters with chilled vodka.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:28 pm

I sho miss the 2-2-2 at Anderton's already.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:33 pm

I too like the bigger ones fer frying/po boy fixin. They seem to hold up better under all that stress... crunchy outside, but creamy on the inside. They tend to get kinda tough if they're too small.
Posted: Feb 12, 2006 4:09 am

i love oysters. on the half shell. a little mignonette sauce. sometimes some hot sauce. with icy cold vodka shots. i could eat an ocean floor of them

good reason to visit seattle soon.... OYSTERS

i'm in chicago now. hot dog time!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®