Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
Posted: Feb 9, 2006 12:39 am

I have a love/hate relationship with these things. I can never eat just a few; it's always a couple dozen at a time, and even then it's hard to quit! Add that on top of the chocolate coating and the two or three cups of coffee I drink every day, and it's a stomachache and twitchy legs for me. Excuse me while I purge to avoid a caffeine OD.
Posted: Feb 9, 2006 12:54 am

I like to eat them thangs when I'm at work, really hungry, and not taking a lunch break. Yummy,Yummy,Yummy! Chocolate covered expresso beans beat the Hell outa goin to that goddamn Burger King!
Posted: Feb 9, 2006 1:01 am

Itmay not be the caffine that makes your stomach ache, it may be where it's from. Not necessarily where you buy it, but where it's from.
Sure, caffine at high doses can cramp the tummy, but a lot of folks get "crazy gut" due to the acidity of coffee. In a very general scale, coffees from Africa are hi-acid, central and south American tend to be lo- to mid-acidic. Coffees from Indonesia are usually the lowest. Eat your choco-coffee, but drink coffees from Sumatra or Java. That might help.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®