Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Octopus Salad at Whole Foods
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 7:31 pm

Some days I wake up and want to eat something with eight legs, and spiders really don't do it for me. So I was delighted when I saw this seafood salad bar at whole foods with octopus salad in it. Unfortunately, it's fucking nasty. The octopus is really not fresh, obviously frozen, and the marinade has waaay too much vinegar in it. Don't buy this stuff.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 8:49 pm

I have been very disappointed with the seafood hot/cold bars at Whole Foods. They have such great sounding stuff (ie. Cippino!) but then you taste it and blech.
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 7:34 am

i told ya you gotta buy the japanese brand stuff i get from HK superstore. tastes exactly like the kind you get at a sushi joint. real fresh. not chewy. squirt on some lemon and chow the whole bag.

does have a scary mention on the label that is contains "bracken" and that it gives california rats cancer.

i guess louisiana donkeys are immune...anything that wants to cause cancer in my body better get in line.

maybe they bray guy can let me know what is bracken?
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 3:03 pm

i'm pretty sure bracken is some kind of weed extract..prob. used as a preservative...west side rats a pretty pussy if you ask me, i ain't never heard no nutria gettin cancer over some fuckin weed...what you are getting is what's called iqf..or individually quick frozen..it's the way you get pacific fish in the best shape to your doorstep in nebraska..they have these blast freezers now that keep the fish at a sub zero temp which is supp. to keep the flesh in perfect shape.. restaurants use these to hold onto fish during it's off season..also in many states there is a mandatory 24hr. freeze on most species..b/c of parasites , and bacteria..tuna and most salmon are excluded..being a taco hound myself..we were getting in these baby taco and charring them on a white hot grill..it is best to marinate them lil ctrus..tossing with parsley mint hot chillis..prob the best thing to eat in the summertime with a cold knaughty 40. call me about blackout..shag
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 5:15 pm

TACO POKE!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®