Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Superbowl food?
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 3:37 pm

I'm being pretty unoriginal today, chicken wings and ribs, chile con queso and quacamole and beer. Lots and lots of beer.
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 6:16 pm

We are making our own pizzas (!!!) and I am making crab dip. Bloddy Marys (Ryan) and Cape Cods (me).
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 6:47 pm

is today the superbowl?
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 6:50 pm

There was a story on the locsl news last night about the impending Super Bowl Sunday pizza shortage....

They interviewed some wrokers from Papa John's- pimple-faced, slack-jawed, suburban teens (hey waitasec- isn't that Food Dood's demographic?)- super seriouly "so what are you doing to prepare for the pizza crises tomorrow?"

Ahhh, Portland. Must've been a slow news day.
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 6:52 pm

Just got back from a harrowing excursion to Winn-Dixie

Rules of trip: Only purchase items from freezer section. Do not purchase too much food to carry home.

Results:

Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers
Farm Rich Cheese Bites
La Choy Mini Egg Rolls (chicken)
T.G.I. Friday's Spinach Artichoke Dip
Mrs. T's Potato & Cheddar Peirogies
T.G.I. Friday's Steak Quesadilla Rolls
T.G.I. Friday's Spicy Popcorn Chicken
4 LBS Frozen Chicken Wing Parts

AND, THE MOST EXCITING PURCHASE, THOUGH NOT REALLY SUPERBOWL FOOD:

George Jones Country Style Sausage Biscuits!!!!!!

You think I'm fucking kidding?!?! http://www.georgejonessausage.com/

Can't wait for the game!
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 8:17 pm

Someone in Memphis buy some Panchos Cheese Dip for me and toast me with a chip. Double dipped!
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 9:15 pm

womb raider what are you drinking for the super bowl???
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 9:32 pm

beer and whiskey. if those become scarce I have a backup of wine and vodka.
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 9:36 pm

what kind of beer???
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 9:38 pm

I don't know yet. I have corona here but I'm planning on watching the game somewhere else. Probably bud, busch, or high life.
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 9:43 pm

ok thanks. enjoy the game.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 5:44 am

WTF dirk, what did Martel do to end up on your good side??

I made these nacho-cheesy-puff-pastry-thing-ys lightly dusted with chilli powder, they were VERY pretty and just 'pretty good', but the prize goes to the champ, Jason, that brought and grilled, of all things, jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in the food of gods, baaaaacon. Slightly charred made the taste incredible. But the fun was the after burn with a little sweat on the eyebrows and a runny nose. Those peppers were packin.

YUMM!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 3:52 pm

The crab dip was awesome. I got the basic ingredients off some Maryland Blue Crab recipes page, but the Dungeoness are good and cheap up here right now. Basically I didn't measure anything out except I used an entire thing of Philly Cream Cheese. Everything else (dry mustard, lil mayo, sharp cheddar, garlic salt, shallots, worcheshire, lil milk, lil sour cream...CRAB) I just threw in til it tasted right.

The pizzas. Whoa. Dough is tough. We fucked up the first one but I "felt the vibe" of the second crust and rolled out nice one. It was great!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 4:00 pm

Dough is tough.

That looks like it should rhyme.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 5:07 pm

jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in the food of gods, baaaaacon

goddamn, that sounds good!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 5:18 pm

womb raider is a bon vivant.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:23 pm

uuumm, Dirk, he eats sardines and beer for lunch.
And what about the awesome menu above?

I kid. I'm sure Martel is making Bateman a very happy husband, indeed.
And I sure as hell wouldn't kick you outta my kitchen.
Posted: Feb 9, 2006 10:18 pm

fiery the commercial appeal did a piece in the food section recently and put the recipe for the Panchos dip on there.

I made Tamale Balls, always a hit
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Hey,I ate one of those! It's the only thing I ate at that party(mainly because I prefer beer).
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 7:40 pm

WHAT!!!!???? Lute, i never saw this Pancho's revelation. I am doing a search now. YES.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 7:42 pm

Has anyone seen the "blue box of Kraft American Cheese" this woman is talking about??? Do you think Velveeta would work if you can't find it?

Pancho's-like Cheese Dip

1 can (10 oz.) Ro-tel brand chiles and tomatoes

1 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. ground cumin

1/4 tsp. black pepper

1 lb. Kraft American cheese (see note)

1/4 Ro-tel can of water

Grate the cheese. Mix other ingredients in saucepan. Heat on medium heat to boiling stage, and then lower temperature and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove mixture from heat, and pour it into a blender. Add grated cheese to blender. Blend for 1 minute or until completely smooth. Serve with corn chips.

Note: Kraft American Cheese is packaged in a blue box near Velveeta cheese at grocery stores. It can be hard to find.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®