Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Chinese Turkey
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:26 pm

Why do they roast the duck with the head on? Do Chinamen be eatin' duck faces?
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:38 pm

I hope so! Duck face makes you sound like Donald Duck If you eat it often.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:46 pm

Oh man, I had some KILLER Chinese duck on Monday night. They brought out the whole duck, head included, and just sliced the skin off right in front of us. Awesome!

But, yeah, I noticed on the menu both duck tongue AND "duck chin", which was really just the lower part of the beak. Looked kinda sick.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:50 pm

I tried to get roast duck for lunch today and it wasn't ready when I got there. I was told it would be another half hour, so I left and got something that sucked. Except for the krab. That was choice.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:54 pm

I love Krab!
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 1:46 am

Authentic Duck Face
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 2:32 pm

I grew up hanging around with various Asian ne'er-do-wells, in particular some families directly immigrated from Laos and Thailand. Man, talk about extreme cuisine, I wouldn't even fuck with half the shit they would eat. So the point is, they eat duck heads. Straight up. The entire thing, beak and all, from the neck up gets placed on the grill and then split down the middle and then they eat the brains and goo and shit after it cooks for a bit. Even crunch on the beaks. Fucking savages. I've seen some horrible things in those households. They were awesome ball players, though.
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 3:29 pm

Damn, Chinamen are like the Mexicans of Asia.
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 6:30 pm

Never had Duck head, but I have knawed on roasted duck neck. It wasn't very good. I've also eaten duck feet, it was pretty rough. But I can't touch the chicken feet served at dim sum restaurants.
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 8:11 pm

Dude- I ate those chicken feet! I'm pretty open to anything- I'm the son of some serious food nerds...

But those were SICK! Never again!
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 9:37 pm

yeah this new asian grocery place I've been frequenting has an amazing meat section. you can buy a six-pack of duck heads, and duck & chicken feet by the dozen. they also carry, I shit you not, containers of "beef bile" and what I believe to be cow penises. it's totally savage. I love it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®