Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Korean Pancake?
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 8:30 pm

My boss brought some food in for me for lunch today. It was this Korean pancake like thing that was loaded with seafood (octopus, scallops, muscles), broccoli and green onions and was super tasty. Anybody know what it's called?
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 8:32 pm

dog
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 8:34 pm

sounds good. call it puppy pie.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 8:52 pm

Good puppy!
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 8:53 pm

I think "p-ajon". The flour is made of mung beans. Korean markets sell ready to make bags of the mix and you can throw in the seafood and veggies.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 9:43 pm

i ain't never been had no ko-reein food
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 9:51 pm

you can throw in the seafood and veggies

...and puppies.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 10:50 pm

Oh yeah, I meant mussels.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 6:07 am

My Korean friends tell me that yellow dogs are tasty.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:41 am

Uh..EXCUSE ME???!!!
GROSS!! You peole should be ashamed of yourselves. Poor puppies.

Go see Spinning Into Butter!
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 3:14 pm

Damn! now i want some kimchi
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 4:22 pm

uhhh... I'm Korean and I know for a fact that we DON'T eat dogs!!!

Anyway, Bazooka... you're probably talking about Buchim. It's a style of pancake that you can make with whatever ingredients you like. I'm sure plenty of you have had the scallion pancake variety. I made some at home the other day with scallions, white onions and jalapeno peppers.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 4:24 pm

I'm Korean and I know for a fact that we DON'T eat dogs!!!

Puppies then, whatever. Which breed is tastiest?
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 4:26 pm

VaLeRy iS Not vErY KorEan NaMe iS It? Me loVE YoU WrOnGtImE!!!!!!*&^**@^%#@*$^@)__
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 6:40 pm

My old lady went to visit her family and she thought they were picking out a pet, WRONG. They ate it but she couldn't take part. Allegedly there are no strays on the streets. My grandfather had great stories about being over there in the war and waking up every hour cause they were beating the dogs to tenderize them. What is the difference between pajon and buchim? Both google searches show them as pancakes. Whatever, the woman said she will make me some soon. Hooray!!!
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 6:41 pm | Edited by: conner sewer

any of the above would be better than this castleton fried chicken meal I got at Aldi's
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 6:51 pm

Germiah and I took a Haunted Chicago bus tour with "ghosthunter" Richard Crowe. Mostly the tour consisted of him pointing out haunted spots and then making us get off the bus to hang out at nearby restraunts (Richard Crowe weighed over 300 lbs. Coincidence??).

Near the end of the tour he took us to Chinatown and said that people in the neighborhood often hear a ghost crying for her baby. He then said that his friend questioned this story, saying that it was probably just a cat making the noise. He said he told his friend that "There are no stray cats in Chinatown."

Then we got off the bus and had to hang out in a Chinese restraunt near there for like an hour.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 8:13 pm

Supposedly that's how SARS came about. Apparently an elegant dish made out of cat was popular in China at that time. When I lived near D.C. a Chinese restaurant we ate at got shut down when the health department found 14 skinned cats in the freezer. And their chicken fried rice was so delicious....
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 8:16 pm

how's aldi's? i keep wanting to go there... and i keep driving on by, full of burrito from guadalupana.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:54 pm

Aldi's is great!!! I do all of my shopping there, but I'm not much of a cook, more like a frozen stuff type of guy. Not a huge selection, buty its definitely varied. And they keep introducing all kinds of new "gourmet" type things which are still really cheap. Its all house brands, no name brands, but all of them are really good. I always get out spending under forty bucks and the food usually keeps me going for three weeks. My mom (who loves deals to no end) introduced me to it and I've been shopping there ever since. You should totally check it out. Junior said that the Northstar beer was shit though. That bummed me out. Oh yeah, cash, debit, ebt only. No credit. Only have one person working usually, line sometimes gets a little long. Bring a quarter to get a buggy, paper bags cost five cents, plastic cost ten. Insulated bags for a buck. Bring your own bag is totally cool. You do all of the bagging yourself. Ok, I feel kinda weird I just gushed over a grocery store, but yeah, great. Oh and that meal is actually pretty good, plus its only 88 cents. But all this talk of Korean gets my mouth a salivating.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®