Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / insanely addictive asian salad
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 10:07 pm | Edited by: andria

2 fresh red chilis, or green jalepenos, finely chopped. In a pinch you can substitute red pepper flakes.
2 T fresh ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T sugar or splenda
4 T fish sauce
4 T water
Juice of one lime
Mix all of it in a jar or container that you can shake. You can keep this on hand in the fridge for about a week.

When you want to make the salad, first put already-cooked meat (chicken, turkey, or shrimp cut or shredded into strips) in a bowl and cover with a bit of the dressing (up to 1/2 cup) to marinate it for a few minutes.

Put on the tea kettle, and when it whistles, pour hot water over a colander filled with veggies, like white bean sprouts and sugar snap peas, or last night I included shredded romaine leaves and carrots with the sprouts.

Put a small pot of water on to boil, and after it's boiled, turn it off, then immediately drop in glass noodles, also called bean thread noodles (I bought mine at My Thanh, a huge nameless package full of tiny bundles that look like bird nests, for a buck or two. Look for a red netting bag filled with em).

While the glass noodles are being reconstituted (which takes approx 1 minute), take 2 T of the dressing (I use the marinade, but you can use fresh) and add 1 T sesame oil and 1 T peanut oil.

Drain glass noodles, and toss with veggies and meat. Add dressing mix on top, and feast.

This is the healthiest, most delicious meal I've ever had. I am fucking addicted!!!
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 10:38 pm

oh yeah, throw some fresh cilantro on top too...
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 2:04 am

Should that be a "t" of fish sauce, or a "T"? If its "T", that's a lot of fish sauce (for me at least).
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 6:11 am

nope, it's T as in tablespoons, though you could dilute with more water. and you don't use the ENTIRE jar of dressing on one salad...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®