| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Food of the 80's
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 4:16 pm

Posted: Jan 25, 2006 4:19 pm

Fiesta Tacos from Taco Bell!!!!!
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 4:30 pm

O'Boise's are O-Boisterous!!!
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 4:31 pm

before soccer games, I would fix a bowl of peanut butter cap'n crunch, then pour a coke over it in lieu of milk. sometimes, I'd have to pour tab because that's what was in the fridge (my mama was a tab junkie).
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 5:15 pm

"Bazooka Bubble Gum (in a tube)
Bazooka made a gum in the 80's that was in a tube like a toothpaste tube. Messy stuff, and very, very soft till it was chewed for a while."

Those O'Boises were great! I think the TGIF chips are almost the same thing.

My step-dad (still) drinks NOTHING but Tab and coffee.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 5:33 pm | Edited by: Matthew

Jesus Christ, andria. will you be on my team?

O'Boise's are O-Boisterous!!!--add to that a nutty bar @ 3:30 and you got yrself a recipe for "You Can't Do That on Television."

a co-worker keeps talkin' up Taco Doritios from this era?

wine coolers
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:03 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

What were the wine coolers that had the Ye Olde Timey labels on them. Big hits down at afternoons at Sardis.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Chipwich and Steakum. The real Breakfast of champions.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:43 pm

80's? Breakfast consisted of Busch and joints in Williamson Park.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:44 pm

only WC's i can think of right now are Bartyles and James and Seagram's. both of which go great with some stone cold pontoonin'
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:45 pm

California Coolers?
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:51 pm

Donkey--dig up a link to a California Cooler label.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:52 pm

i should have asked my gum question here:

the bubble gum flavored gum w/ a pink liquid goo center. I don't think it was freshen up since they list that as mint flavored

i can even remember the package (shades of pink) had a picture of the (pink)gum w/ a cutatway section showing the (darker pink)goo oozing out. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember what this gum was called.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:59 pm

Windy -- wasnt it called something like Blast?
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 7:04 pm

I don't know???? My head is full of nasty goo!!!
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 7:11 pm

Freshen Up actually had a bubblegum flavor. Im pretty positive thats what you are talkin about, as I can picture the package(cutaway section with darker pink goo) well. I also think that Chocodiles were a food of the 80's, sort of a chocolate twinkie. I used to drink the hell out of some coolers in jr/high school. It was California and a brand called Calvin Coolers...really sweet, but did the trick.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 7:29 pm

Freshen Up definitely. they still make it. pink package with pink guts.
Chewels as well...same stuff.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 7:32 pm

freshen up it is!

I LOVE chocodiles - can you still get 'em? much better than ding dongs any day.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 7:34 pm

Are ding dongs (the snack, sicko) still wrapped in foil?
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 7:43 pm

Ding Dongs are no longer wrapped in foil... they come two to a package in some plastic like wrapper w/ the Ding Dong image on the front. I tried to track down a quantity of them last time we had a Ding Dong Lounge anniversary show - I found most of my Ding Dongs in Michigan... Hostess plant there.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 7:45 pm

Foiled again...
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 7:55 pm

I used to wake up with frankenberry or nintendo cereal. They should make an X box cereal that flies into your mouth at light speed while shooting sugar lazers and then digests itself
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 8:50 pm

a co-worker keeps talkin' up Taco Doritios from this era?

I think Taco should've been the "breakout" Dorito flavor, not Nacho cheese. They were MSG-licious. Frito-Lay had Taco Doritos all the way back in the mid-70's. They seemed to dissappear in the early 90's when they started introducing a bunch of new flavors. Frito-Lay also used to have "plain" Doritos, which were their main dippin' tortilla chip until they introduced Tostitos in the 80's sometime.

Anyone remember Frankenstuff? It was a hot dog that was somehow impregnated with chili inside the dog. It was nowhere near as delicious as it sounds.
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 9:19 pm

Poll: What did you call the fantastic red, white & blue shaped like a rocket popsicles?

(I am so doped up on an intense yoga sesh right now that I can't even remember--get back to you on that one)
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 9:20 pm

Poll: What did you call the fantastic red, white & blue shaped like a rocket popsicles?

Bomb Pops
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Burger King Had a Pocket Pita Sandwich in the mid eighties,but I did not.
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 9:45 pm

(I am so doped up on an intense yoga sesh right now that I can't even remember--get back to you on that one)

Was it Bikram? How the hell do they get the room up to 105 degrees? My thermostat only goes up to 90.
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 10:34 pm

BK bundles. Little White Castle style burgers. Burger King rules!
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 11:15 pm

Bomb Pops! That was it. I heard someone call them by another name and I think they are called something else entirely these days.

No, no Bikram, that stuff is bullshit. American kick ass masochistic ridiculousness. It was just Vinyasa flow and I am way out of shape. Felt really great though. Highly encourage it.
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 11:26 pm

It was a hot dog that was somehow impregnated with chili inside the dog. It was nowhere near as delicious as it sounds.

i liked the cheese ones
and the ham w/ tiny cheese squares built in
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 11:32 pm

another name

Bray!
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 8:38 am

Par-tay, Pizza Par-tay!
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 5:31 pm

Bomb Pops--the red white and blue ones were also refereed to as '3-stage bomb pops'
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 5:33 pm

Cheese-loaf is timeless and cannot be relegated to just one decade.

Those impregnated chilidogs were nasty, though.
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 5:45 pm

Cheese-loaf is timeless and cannot be relegated to just one decade.

For reals! I never used it in sandwiches, I always just pushed the cheese out and ate it seperate.
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 1:33 am

i remember that gum in a tube! holy shit, that is old school, it was like kinda greasy and slimy too.
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 7:52 am

big league chew

which my mom would never let me have
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 4:12 pm

Blatz in 64 ounce bottles.
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 6:42 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

Rondo... best soda ever. anyone remember those commercials? two australian dudes beating the shit outta one another and when they were done fighting they enjoyed an icy cold Rondo.
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 10:21 pm

What were the wine coolers that had the Ye Olde Timey labels on

Bartles & Jaymes? The TV ads with the old dudes on the porch sayin'" Thanks for your support."
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®