Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Reese's Peanut Butter Cups w/ caramel
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:01 pm

i know it's tough to improve a classic but these rule. I wanna buy the rest of these out of the vending machine & eat them until i'm sick. YUM!
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:02 pm

What? That sounds awful. Like those Nestle Crunch with caramel. Gross. Save me a bite, btw.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:05 pm

OH NOOOO!! Is it like a layer of caramel in the middle?? Or around the peanut butter? I don't know why this is so important to me...
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:05 pm

they're seriously great. you called them gross so you get no bite!
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:06 pm

it's around the peanut butter not just globbed in the center. and yes, these things are important!
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:14 pm

SWEET! I have to go check our vending machines now. I just ran out of my caramel filled hershey kisses.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:15 pm

Get your caramel outta my peanut butter.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:19 pm

caramel filled hershey kisses!?! droooool....
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:22 pm

i know it's tough to improve a classic but these rule.

I need to try these ASAP. They sound awesome. However, I recently tried a bunch of those Hershey's kisses with caramel inside. Total let-down. The caramel:chocolate ratio was all wrong.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:27 pm

The caramel:chocolate ratio was all wrong.

I like 'em, but I don't think I can find anything wrong with too much of either.

They also have cherry filled kisses. Those are nearly as good, if you like that kinda thing.

I bite the top off and suck the stuff in the middle out... Then pop the carcass in my mouth with the goop. That's the fun way.

But when I was a kid I liked to suck up reese's pieces vacuum style and almost died. So be careful.

Uh... nevermind.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:46 pm

I like 'em, but I don't think I can find anything wrong with too much of either.

After eating about 100 of those caramel kisses during the course of a December workday (damn Xmas office candy baskets!), I came to the conclusion that the outer chocoate shell wasn't substantial enough. There was hardly any milk chocolate taste to it. I'd improve on it by making the chocolate exoskeleton thicker and by using a less-runny variety of chocolate inside. If they could figure out a way to put put a Brach's-style caramel inside a kiss, then they'd be onto something. As it stands, the caramel kiss is more like one of those "grown up" candies they sell in fancy boxes for valentine's day.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:54 pm

Those changes would definitely be an improvement... But I still can't stop eating them.

I just realized I don't have any cash so I refuse to go look at the vending machine.

Those things should take credit cards. Or maybe not, depending on how you look at it.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Those changes would definitely be an improvement... But I still can't stop eating them.

I've eaten dozens of these things (and will continue to do so) and I don't even really like them. God help me if Hershey's takes my advice.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 5:58 am

oh my hell. they had them in the vending machine at work and they lasted less than a day. i didn't help that fact out much, because i ate 2 packs of them in one setting...mmmm caramel.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:01 am

I didn't think much of them; didn't hate them nor love them. A friend however told me that I should try them upside down (the peanut butter cup not myself). When I asked him if he thought I was that dumb he swore they were better that way. Maybe I'll try it but it makes no sense.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:08 am

Hmmm. Still have not tried. I don't know how I lost track of this obsession.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®