Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:34 pm

okay since this place across the river is a pretty good hookup for whole, fresh ducks, I want to start rottiserating the creatures, along with chickens, beef roasts, pork roasts, legs of lamb.... and any other creature or piece of a creature that could be easily rotated above a heat source.

any of y'all do this?

I guess I want to do it on a grill rather than buying one of those electric ron popeil contraptions. but I'd have to buy a whole new grill for that. any suggestions?
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:35 pm

Do you have a fireplace? I guess there may be no need for such a thing in NOLA, but I have seen these great in-fireplace grills with all sorts of bells and whsitles.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:41 pm

fireplace grill?!? no, that doesn't sound practical. I have three fireplaces in my house but don't intend to ever use them, on account of it would probably burn the place down.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:45 pm

Does soaked wood burn?
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:48 pm

do jews?
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:54 pm

We have a fireplace, but we also live in a city where it rains half the year so fireplace grills are looking pretty good right about now.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:57 pm

do jews?

Only when soaked in Manischevitz. So yeah.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 6:06 pm

rottiserie? man, Steingarten must've really gotten to you!
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:52 pm

Fire pit in the back yard. Don't know where'd you get the y-shaped holder-things....make your own out of your neighbors siding? Home Depot? I bet if you found steel ones, they'd be really FN cheap....or try your local feed store....they got everything a country boy needs.

Rottiserie'd Bateman sound quite nice.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:54 pm

It would be a helluva lot more fun trying this instead of using those dumb-ole safe grills...and you might be doing the Mayor a favor if you don't succeed.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 9:10 pm

My friend manufactued a rotisserie top for his grill. Actually, I've seen some now that come with a detachable spit built right in, but you don't want to do that. the trick is finding an extra lid for your grill that can be used, unless you want to fuck with the original one. Take the extra lid, drill two holes and slide the spit right through. You have to hand turn it, unless you're really crafty and hook a motor up to it. But it works just fine.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:12 pm

When I get my job at Buger King, I'll cram some dead animal in that broiler oven for you.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®