Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / miracle throat tonic
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 2:55 pm

last night I was about to give myself an emergency tracheotomy bc I couldn't swallow (I've got strep, and yesterday, it was winning)... I went online to find a diagram, and instead I stumbled across a sore throat remedy that actually WORKED (I'm on an antibiotic, but to combat serious pain, I was spraying cephacol down my throat to no avail) -- mix equal parts honey and apple cider vinegar, then take spoonfuls til throat quits hurting. within about 5 minutes I felt almost human again... AND it worked for 8 whole hours, long enough for me to get the first decent night's sleep I've had all week.

anyone else got any secret cures or folk remedies?
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 4:31 pm

if you can't stand the taste of the honey and apple cider vinegar you can add the honey and acv to a cup of raspberry tea. I have also used the honey/vinegar remedy and it does work. local honey is best.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 4:35 pm

My mom used to boil saltwater and then let it cool for awhile and put lemon in it. It never worked, unless it was the exact moment when the warm water washed down my throat.

That Throat Coat stuff works for me. More or less.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:37 pm

whenever i have phlegm or congestion in the chest or upper respiratory tract (and i've had bronchitis about 8 times), i drink the following tea:

rose hips (tea bag)
steeped w/ big chunk of ginger root
squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime into it
honey - lots of it
lots of fresh mint leaves

this goes into a tea pot.

i take it w/ garlic capsules and capsicum capsules (cayenne) - because the combo of garlic and cayenne help speed that brew through your system as well. i've been able to expel huge amounts of ugly phlegm after drinking this tea and it does not taste bad at all. must be lime instead of lemon for some reason
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:53 pm

Pee on it.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 9:01 pm

this old guy once told me to take a tablespoon of cayenne with the hottest water you could stand. he said it would burn it right out. i was too scared to try.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®