Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Reheating Fried Rice...
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 5:46 pm

The microwave just hurts it. Any other tried and true methods?
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 5:57 pm

maybe putting a little oil in a skillet or perhaps butter and try to reheat it by "stirfrying" it on the stove. i wouldn't leave it unattended though.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 6:10 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Second elle with oil in skillet method. Use sesame oil.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 6:42 pm

I have done both
i add a little water to nuke

or throw it in the skillet. I don't even add oil - generally plenty of oil already in there
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 6:47 pm

A tad will keep it from sticking to the wok if it is a little dry. Add a little chicken broth too.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 6:53 pm

regular rice, however, comes back to life in the microwave, either refrigerated or frozen.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 9:54 pm

fried rice reheating: it is IMPERATIVE you bring the rice to room temp before attempting ANY kind of re-heating.

the reason the microwave kills it is the steam factor

when your fried rice left overs are at room temp, lubricate your skillet with the spray or grease of choice. i would recommend the PAM type things and then start heating the rice. the sesame oil is a great idea/addition, but it is volatile, so add at last minute, more for flavor than for non-stick purposes. a little goes a long way

don't forget to keep shaking or otherwise moving your rice around in the skillet (cast iron preferred) to keep it from sticking.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 10:05 pm

If you do it in a pan, don't be afraid to toss a raw beaten egg in it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®