Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Long John Silvers grease stains of death.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 7:20 am

ya ever notice that every LJS has 2 pairs of sidewalks.. one for ENTRANCE and one for EXIT...next time you pass an LJS look at the comparison between the 2.. look caredully at the EXIT sidewalks.. notice how there is a dark oily track on the concrete. At least the one here has severe grease smudge leading to the parking lot.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 5:27 pm

i don't understand why...but i love long john silver's greasiness. i just wish i didn't have to drive to go get it. bluh. the one they used to have downtown in conjunction with a & w in the mall was horrible too.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 7:34 pm

Make sure to ask for extra "crunchies."
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 8:22 pm

oh yea.. that batter shit right..? i love dem hush puppies tho. But damn its almost 7 bucks for some chicken planks and 3 H.Puppies. Im going to abbreviate words from now on. You can call me DH.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 8:23 pm

DH= Dutch Hushpuppy
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 8:28 pm

Is the one at Union and Belvedere still perched high above Midtown? Any oldtimers know what used to be there back when? I know the Kentucky Fried was there when I was way little but not the LJS.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 8:29 pm

nah. that is long gone. :( that makes the baby jesus cry.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Arthur Treacher ain't got NOTHIN' on LJS.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 8:45 pm

Arthur Treacher's used to be in Memphis on Poplar near Pauline. You can maybe even see the outline of the old sign that had the umbrella resting on top. All those stores were Check Cashings when I was last there.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 9:16 pm

I was surprised to find out that Arthur Treacher's still exists. They have a bunch of them in S. Florida. They're almost always part of a "triple restaurant" along with Miami Subs and Dunkin' Donuts.

Anyone remember H. Salt Fish n' Chips? Now, that was a good fast-food fish place.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:00 pm

I remember BURGER KING
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:01 pm

BURGER KING ON UNION AVE.
Posted: Jan 21, 2006 10:03 am

Arthur Treacher ain't got NOTHIN' on LJS.
damn, Michigan used ta rock some Arthur Treachers.. back in the day..that shit was good!
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 7:41 am

i thought the crunchies were called "cracklins" for the super fat fucks... shake the red vinegar on those fryer boogers.

WHUDDABOUT RAX????? member those????
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 7:43 am

is Michigan the only state with Halo Burger? Ya know the logo is the cow with the halo, cuz he's already dead, licking his lips cuz he knows how delicious he is! They all around Flint Town.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 6:15 am

Rax had awesome chocolate chip shake. My friend worked at a rax for a day.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 7:29 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

Check out this site. The guy gives the lowdown on most of the major and semi-major fast food chains in the USA.
http://www.99w.com/evilsam/ff/

Take his advice with a grain of salt, though. The dude totally hypes up Steak n' Shake (average), yet he pooh-poohs Whataburger (superlative!) That opinion is clearly the sign of a crazy person.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 9:14 pm

Anyone else have Captain D's? They have kickass sweet tea AND lotsa grease.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®