Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / vegetable soup
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 10:01 pm

Getting started on it right now. I usually use a leftover pot roast, but today I'm going from scratch with a couple of good meaty soup bones. Onions, celery, carrot, red bell pepper, green beans, potatoes, jalapenos, zuchini, yellow squash, cabbage, lima beans, tomatoes, corn and lima beans. Secret weapon: a little V8 juice. Been feeling like warmed-over shit lately, allergies and a cold all at once. Plus, my Rock School is putting on two shows of "The Wall" next Fri and Sat, and the little shits have me working overtime tying to make it sound good. I'm a little run down, hopefully I can channel some of my Mom's Soup Mojo top make me feel better.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 10:12 pm

I'm a big fan of adding a little bit of Thai paste (tom yum or red curry) to spicen it up, then a little fresh lime juice.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 2:36 am

mmmmmmm soup.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 7:09 am

yumyum. that idea of curry paste in it sounds great. i usually opt for chipotle hot sauce to spice it up.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®