Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / I just wanted to say how neat it is...
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 5:10 am

With cooking and chemestry. Oxygen and hydrogen, two highly flamable elements, combined make the thing that puts out most fires.

Mr. Raider just pointed out with the "salt" thread :
don't cook with fancy salt. there's no point. chemically it is the exact same thing as a box of morton's

Sodium (which explodes in water) and Chlorine (poisonous oxidizer) make salt. Yet our bodies have to have it.

Neat-o. rocknrollnurse and lutenizer, I would expect you would agree...
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 5:13 am

Sorry. To elaborate in cooking, one of this and two of these can
a) taste good
b) tase bad
c) kill you

I think that is "crazings".
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 3:01 pm

Have you seen the Alton Brown show, good stuff. He really goes into the chemistry of cooking. And he gives good tips on utensils.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 5:06 pm

I have heard the "point" of the fancy salt is just to season your fosd, post-cooking. You know, like you do with a better hot sauce et al.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 5:14 pm

hot sauce is... salty! so who needs salt?
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 6:03 pm

hot sauce is vinegar-y! I don't like extra vinegar on my food (OK start throwing the stones now).
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 6:56 pm

hot sauce is vinegar-y! I don't like extra vinegar on my food (OK start throwing the stones now).

That totally depends on the sauce, but it usually is the case with the "Major Label" brands. Tabasco is super-vinegary and Crystal is kinda vinegary, but there's plenty of brands out there where vinegar is not at all obvious.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 7:06 pm

I don't call anything but the vinegar-stuff "Hot Sauce". Where I'm from, Hot Sauce is Crystal etc. Anything else must be prefaced with a brand name or Country of Origin (i.e. Tapatio or "that Indian hot sauce").
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®