Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / The Microwave scene is getting worse by the day
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 8:08 pm

It is now a bonafide hour-long gathering spot. There oughta be a law.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 12:41 am

is it completely covered in caked-on goo yet?
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 2:31 am

No, someone cleaned it and put up a passive-aggressive sign that if "your food explodes" to please clean the microwave.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 1:28 pm

we have a nasty situation with a forman grill at my work. once you plug it in the whole room starts to smell like bacon from all the grease caked onto it. i'm in the process of renovating our office/lunch room and made some snippy comment about how if someone doesn't clean out the completely filled grease tray i'm throwing the whole thing out. (and the new guy did it! he never even used that thing!) all of the grease fell out in one piece. totally barf-a-licious.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Gotta love the New Guy. Maybe that is why I am not popular, I didn't clean out the microwave when it was nasty.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 10:06 pm

Seriously people. That odd "mustard combined with ketchup" smell is back again. It is the smell that haunts me; what was someone saying I needed to keep around to clear out my nose of the lingering microwave smell? I will smell it in my sleep otherwise. I wonder if coffee beans would work?
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 12:31 am

I keep a coffee mug full of beans on my desk to disassociate myself from the large, sweaty, ever-eating lady in the office next to mine. It works ok.
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 3:34 am

Our friend just gave us a bunch of coffee beans--I am taking it tomorrow to test it. The smell on those really bad just reminds me of the days of working in fast food.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 3:13 am

I had a boiled egg among other stuff heated with a microwave at a job I had many moons ago. After the "DING!!" I proceeded to eat the food. I jabbed the egg with a fork and the egg exploded into tiny little pieces; covering my co-workers and the entire kitchen. I went into fits of laughter and had to spend the rest of lunch cleaning. Word to the wise; hardboiled eggs will explode!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®