Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Thai Food in Memphis
Posted: Jan 8, 2006 9:24 pm | Edited by: hemant

We went to Chao Praya thai near Hickory Ridge Mall yesterday. The food was awesome. It was definitely the best Thai food I have had in town. Unbeleivably good.

We also went to the international farmer's market (old Kroger at Kirby and Winchester)... mind boggling food selection.

After being out in hickory hill all day yesterday, I am going to have to say that it didn't feel like the hood that people make it out to be...just less white. There weren't gun stores, pawn shops, liquor stores and check cashing places like you find in the hood. (although as you go more west towards Mendenhall, they show up). More diversity than was there before, with non-english signs. Tons of foreign restaurants and grocery stores, lots of "Super Buffets".
less of the generic restaurants that are normally found near malls.

I am still try to wrap my head around the concept of a wheels and tire store inside the mall.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 1:35 am

hmmmm. i am going to have to go check that out because i adore thai food. i miss cincinnati solely for thai express. i haven't found anything close in memphis yet and this may be the ticket. i went to sawaddhi on my birthday, which wasn't half bad (green curried grilled salmon and thom yum soup). but it's just not the same.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 3:57 am

I work with a Thai guy who has a Thai wife who works at Bangkok Alley on Germantown Road...it's good food, if you're in the area.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:50 am

who will take me to chao praya tomorrow???
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 6:34 pm

good stuff. have the larb
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®