Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / high flaluten New Yorkers.....
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 8:20 am

go eat at my dear friends newish restaurant. its in greenpoint and its called "queens hideaway." the chef liza used to make amazing food for me and the rest of her drunken rock-n-roll friends before she left portland. the bitch can cook. she once made the best pork tenderloin i've ever had on a wheel from a 84 cutlass. it was amazing. stop through and tell her the RB from portland sent you. you;ll fucking love it.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 3:40 pm

go eat at my dear friends newish restaurant. she once made the best pork tenderloin i've ever had

I didn't know newish people ate pork tenderloin. Weird.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 4:00 pm

cha ching (that WAS pretty good)!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 4:16 pm

I second that!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 5:31 pm

Little tiny Liza that used to be a personal chef and worked briefly at Gotham Coffee shop?

If so, all of that talk 'bout her food bein' good is true. And she's good-lookin'.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 6:27 pm

A newish bitch that's good looking AND can cook? Sign me up!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:08 pm | Edited by: hollis brown

not sure if were talkin about the same liza. the liza of which i speak ran the kitchen at the shanghai tunnel for years. during its day, the shanghole had some of the best bar food in portland. mike brooks still does good work there. she might of done some personal chef stuff before moving on the NYC. i'm not sure. i really don't think she did any time at gotham though. i could be wrong, as she's friends with dan spitz.

here's a review of queens hideaway....

http://events.nytimes.com/mem/nycreview.html?id=1121244617554
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:13 pm

I haven't heard the name "Dan Spitz" in quite a while... Is he still in Portland? Last I heard he running some seasonal bistro in upstate NY, or something. When we worked together, that guy used to get me FUCKED UP.

I think we're talkin' two different Liza's, though.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:27 pm

spitz is indeed running a seasonal bistro in saratoga. here's a review....

http://www.albany2go.com/livinghere/restaurants/onereview.asp?Restaura ntID=1437
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:44 pm

Both of those spots sound great...

Good to know talent like that is finally being appreciated, even if we Portlanders gotta miss out.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:50 pm

I thought this was about New Yorkers being more flatulent than the rest of us. And Dan Spitz was the guitarist from Anthrax, doodz.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:53 pm

Wow, I guess I needed to be more gracious when Dan said my greens were the "real deal"! I always thought he was just another kitchen fuck up.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:57 pm

spitz rarely fucks up in the kitchen. outside of the kitchen is another story altogether.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 11:26 pm

True dat, hollis.
Posted: Jan 7, 2006 9:01 pm

If you'll excuse me , I have some flaluten to do....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®