Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / What are we having for lunch today?
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:04 pm

This is the sort of thread that people go WILD trying to top each other over on the "foodie" sites...let's kick their ass.

I am unsure at this time. It is only 9 AM. I am considering homemade soup and some kinda sandwich at the restaurant my husband works in (i.e. FREE LUNCH).
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:10 pm

Huey's (pregnant co-worker's choice)
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:11 pm

I am still working on the duck leftovers from new years, as well as the squash soup and sweet taters I made on Christmas. whoa, Christmas was like 12 days ago, I better get on that.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:13 pm

Late lunch with vendors. Probably Miso-glazed Ahi Tuna Filet (seared rare) with Smashed Potatos and the Seasonal Vegetable.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:14 pm

Damn, there's some cheap rost duck around the corner from here. I think I just figgered out what I'm having. Awwwwww yeah!
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:24 pm

i'm gonna try the new Pho place that just opened up the street. WHirred.

ct
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:53 pm

Late lunch with vendors. Probably Miso-glazed Ahi Tuna Filet (seared rare) with Smashed Potatos and the Seasonal Vegetable.

i'm jealous
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 5:59 pm

ferrero roche chocolates and cafe au-lait. i'm sick and nothing else tastes good.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:06 pm

pork roast sammwich from kwik chek, side of tabouli (a little weird today, but still okay.)
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:33 pm

I had curried turkey salad, hummus and some edamame salad from Wild Oats. I hate that place, but I suppose its the "healthy" alternative for lunch...and its really fast. The curried turkey salad and hummus was damn good.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:38 pm

not eaten yet (shoulda gone with Eric). but last nite I made homemade soup and sweet potato fritters, will heat some up as leftovers now.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:42 pm

What kinda soup did you make andria?? I had know I idea you were into cooking...new hobby??
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:50 pm

I'm totally thinking about this FANTASTIC place on 58th st. It's French (of course!) Anybody wanna go? It's only $175 dollars each!! If ya feel like slumming it that is....

http://www.alain-ducasse.com/public_us/essex_house/fr_cuisine.htm
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:53 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

I was too busy enjoying the Mexican Martini's from Trudy's on Tues night to eat the Chicken Flaquities I ordered...couldddda been the queso too.

Had 'em for lunch....yumm-meee.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:53 pm

been into cooking for awhile, but it's much easier in my new kitchen which is about 10x bigger than the one I had on Rembert Street...

anyways, I made another batch of leek-parsnip soup, taken from Everyday Food. Basically, you saute leeks, parsnips, a potato, and two apples, add chicken broth (I used cozy corner turkey broth), bring to a boil and then puree everything in the blender, throw back in the pot with some milk or cream, and enjoy...

my other soup specialty is white bean and bacon.

I'm working on a winter vegetable (root veggies, squashes, etc) story for the Memphis Business Journal -- anybody got recipes or cookbooks to recommend?
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:56 pm

the salad i made last night (i bring alot of salads to work these days)

lettuce
chopped baby carrots
radishes
celery
green pepper
walnut pieces
turkey breast on top

viniger and oil (i make up a bunch and keep it in a disgusting looking water bottle at my desk - tastes awesome though)
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 6:58 pm

Damn...both of those sound good. The parsnip has always been a mystery to me. That white bean and bacon sounds really good...whip up some jalapeno cornbread with it...damn...maybe even slice open a piece of jalap. cornbread and pour the white bean soup over it...eat with a fork. Yesur...Do you live on Landis now??
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 7:00 pm

I should probably do the same, mr. bullocks. I could stand to lose a few.

But... this roast duck and noodles is KILLIN' TOTAL!
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 7:16 pm

I used cozy corner turkey broth

They sell broth?

Ryan makes our own stock in the crock pot so we always have some frozen. Our outdoor cat also must have it on his dry food (brat) so we have some crappy box version around too.

I love potato-leek soup and Bourdain's Cream of Mushroom (secret: SHERRY).
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 7:18 pm

'm working on a winter vegetable (root veggies, squashes, etc) story for the Memphis Business Journal -- anybody got recipes or cookbooks to recommend?

FIELD OF GREENS. Whole Winter section.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 7:33 pm

Colin -- yep I am on Landis -- stop by for lunch sometime -- but not today -- I'm still in my pajamas! bring the baby, too...

parsnips are very mysterious -- they taste kinda woodsy, in a good way. I don't know how else to prepare em. I'm interviewing SuperFoods author Dr Steven Pratt next week, will ask him what the deal with parsnips is...

sorry, Kristin, Cozy Corner doesnt sell broth -- but I bought one of their turkeys for T'giving and my daddy boiled all the bones and made about 10 baggies of broth -- we split em and I have just three left now.

here's the white bean soup recipe:

fry some bacon in a deep saucepan or dutch oven.
remove bacon and saute a chopped carrot in the drippings.
add 2 stalks of celery, an onion, and a buncha garlic, all chopped.
stir and cook til onion starts to get translucent, less than 5 minutes.
add 2 cans of northern beans (or cannellini), drained, and 2 cups water. bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to simmer.
after 10 minutes, uncover, and use a potato masher to mash up the veggies some and thicken the soup.
stir in 2T fresh parsley, salt, pepper, bacon, and HOT SAUCE.

definitely serve it with cornbread!
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 8:23 pm

double cheeseburger, fries, faygo red pop courtesy of Super Chicago Subs & Grill. my stomach really hurts
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 8:31 pm

I ended up eating a nasty cup of Cheddar-Broccoli soup and a small bag of Tom's Sea Salt & Vinegar chips. Salt-o-rama. I have been downing water since.

You would think a hospital that pimps staying super healthy to all its employees would have a better food service!!! Esp. here in Portland.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 3:41 pm

Aight then...a new day a new lunch!! Lets have it. Im thinkin about the Emerald Thai Buffet out on Mt. Moriah. Anyone ever been out there? Ive been a few times and its a haul but pretty worth it for like $6. Good selection of Thai food as well as several soups etc.. This post single handedly made me hungry as shit from like 9:30 a.m. until I ate lunch at like noon. I was seriously drooling!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 3:51 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Recession special at Grey's Papaya is what I've planned on. I must get back to brown baggin' next week.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 3:59 pm

I think I am going to Salad World today. It is a HUGE fantastic salad bar Downtown. There is also this place close by called Hot Pot City--Asian hot pots for days!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 4:08 pm

we got Hub Cap Annie on Getwell, don't think they serve food. Just hubcaps.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 4:09 pm

Really? They have those in Vegas too.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 4:50 pm

I'm not having anything for lunch today because I have no goddamn money.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 4:52 pm

coffee.

Martel, Single-word posts still don't work.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 4:57 pm

i brownbagged this week, but i ran out of mayonaise this morning so now I'm going to have to cough up 10 bucks for something greasy that will cure my hangover. ow-wee.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 5:01 pm

I thought you were back to straight edge? If you're paying ten you're getting ripped off.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 5:17 pm

dude, as long as I'm in the ghetto ways I can't be straightedge. it sucks but it's the truth. the peer pressure is horrendous. that's why I have to quit the band and move to LA, get into yoga, climb mountains, swim oceans. but until then, it's rock as usual.

10 bucks 'cos i'm getting chicken pot pie from whole foods. yum!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 5:21 pm

today: 2 funny tacos (hard shell taco inside soft shell, melty cheese in between) from taco bobs. mmmm
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 6:14 pm

Two dogs downed, cleasing palate with a fresh orange drink. Viva Grey's!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 7:42 pm

Lean cuisine fettucini alfredo and salad... Jealous?
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 8:02 pm

I had steamed asparagus and a banana.

I am telling you...working up on this hill SUCKS.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 8:13 pm

Recession special at Grey's Papaya is what I've planned on.

What's better, Grey's or Papaya King?
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 8:15 pm

There is also this place close by called Hot Pot City--Asian hot pots for days!

Do they have those round table grills where you can cook your own meat in addition to the hot pots? Those hot pot/grill combo places rule.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 8:25 pm

What's better, Grey's or Papaya King?

I can't tell the difference, but you can get chili and cheese at Papaya King.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 8:29 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Do they have those round table grills where you can cook your own meat in addition to the hot pots? Those hot pot/grill combo places rule.

This is exactly what Hot Pot City is. I have always wanted to go.

http://www.spacetuna.com/2005/12/22/advanture-to-hot-pot-city/
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 8:58 pm

This is exactly what Hot Pot City is. I have always wanted to go.

This place sounds a little different than the Hot Pot City I frequent down here. At the places I go, there's actually 2 separate cooking devices at each table. One is a hot pot (like the one they describe in the article) where you cook stuff in broth; the other is a gas-powered hibachi kind of thing, which you use to grill meat and seafood. The only downside to these places is you get VERY hot sitting at a table with both of those things cooking 2 feet away from you.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:04 pm

the other is a gas-powered hibachi kind of thing, which you use to grill meat and seafood.

There are those up here too; they are Korean up here. I haven't been.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:13 pm

There are those up here too; they are Korean up here. I haven't been.

The Korean places generally use these huge-ass charcoal hibachis that they bring to the table with 2x4's. Those things are way hotter than the mini propane grills at Hot Pot City. I love those Korean BBQ places. You should check 'em out, but you'll have to avoid the kimchee and other pickled oddities and make sure that you dress like you're at the beach, or the intense heat may make you very uncomfortable.
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:14 pm

I had steamed asparagus and a banana.

Did you cook it in the employee microwave to make those fat fucks you work with er, steamed?
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 9:58 pm

No--they had it on the steam table in the "deli" downstairs. I ended up slamming my door on those bitties today--they were screaming about some crazings, wearing their purple scrubs and heating up some Marie Calendars. God help me.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 7:00 pm

I made a resolution after my awful lunch experiences of last week: I joined the onsite fitness center AND am bringing my own lunches from now on (unless I leave campus to eat).

Day 1: 1/2 Painted Hills organic roast beef and havarti sandwich with avocado and dijon & side salad with avocado and artichoke/parmesan dressing.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 7:06 pm

...i had a turkey panini sandwich...shit was weak. I had a veggie sandwich from Finos this weekend that was really good. I like there food, just kind of a bitch to find a place to park so i dont go very often.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 7:10 pm

Mac'n'cheese, one rib, meatloaf with gravy. Good stuff, but I want fiery's lunch. Pre-mastication.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 8:05 pm

I am eating it now--sorry, man, it is being masticated as I type.

I need to just build the sandwich at work--I don't like how mushy the bread gets.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 8:22 pm

chicken salad sandwich on a croissant w/ peanut butter chip brownie. mmmmm.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 8:29 pm

I recruited Scott to work on my car, we went to My Thanh while the battery was charging and ran into Silky O'Sullivan, who was eating some kinda fantastic looking sandwich -- not goat, I hope!

I ate the pork bun (vermicelli) which was delicious as always... Scott got wonton soup, which looked really fucking good.

came home and Eric was in my driveway bc I called him for car help too -- doh! sorry!!!
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 6:33 pm

I just went another round with roast duck. Could this be why my pants are getting tighter?
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm having hunger for lunch, so far.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 6:41 pm

anybody else work downtown? I need some ideas.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 6:42 pm

There's some gar fish in the river...
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 6:48 pm

such a comedian...........
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 6:51 pm

I just had leftover chicken breast, fresh cranberries, and cauliflower (see what's for dinner thread), which is much better a few days old...
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 6:52 pm

Today it's cheddar brats w/ stone ground mustard, kalamata bread w/ cream cheese & crumbled feta & some fancy new Coke flavor- black cherry vanilla (aka sugar bomb). Not too bad for scrounging...
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 7:15 pm

such a comedian...........
yeah, but a really hungry one...
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 7:19 pm

Another "mixed greens with avocado" salad with Artichoke/parm dressing.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 8:40 pm

I had a calzone with blackened chicken and mushrooms from the Pizza Cafe..pretty good.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 8:52 pm

did jack stands finally eat or has he wasted away?
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 9:05 pm

I had a post-it note.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 9:11 pm

...with a side of staples.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 10:15 pm

don't they have concessions at Six Flags over Jesus? You coulda run over there...
I had some leftovers from the concoction I made up last night. Left over baked spinach mixed with crumbled cooked sausage, sharp cheddar, three eggs beaten up, and then baked. It puffs up. What's the real name for something like this? It's not a souffle...it's like a trailer-park souffle.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 10:59 pm

don't they have concessions at Six Flags over Jesus?
Baptist Flakes, maybe. I haven't been able to leave the building all day.
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 5:08 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

I made Lebanese tuna salad for tomorrow. Basically you buy the expensive canned albacore in olive oil from the Italian market and throw in pine nuts, red onion, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and cayenne and put a little more olive oil in. It is yum.

Damn, I'm high (for some reason, my doc gave me Ativan. I didn't complain).
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 5:37 am

Lebanese

I like the Golden Girls episode where Blanche has an old friend stay over. When the rest of the girls try to inform Blanche about her friend's homosexual ways, Blanche laughs and says, "Lesbian, oh foo. Danny Thomas was a Lesbian."

(cricket chirps)
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 6:12 pm

today's salad is looking good
red and green leaf lettuce
walnuts
avacado
cucumber
walmuts
carrots
red peppers
radish
boiled egg

ballsac/vinnegar dressing
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 6:14 pm

Walnuts and walmuts? That's livin'!
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 6:14 pm

I brought all the makin's of a burrito, but I forgot the hot sauce. Curses!
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 6:17 pm

i'm gonna have an avacado and smoked gouda sandwhich. i might even throw it on the greasey forman for a little flavor.
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 5:21 pm

5th Ave Combo from the Happy Time Deli

corned beef & pastrami w/ melted swiss, coleslaw & russian dressing on a toasted hero

and a coke
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 5:27 pm

5th Ave Combo from the Happy Time Deli

corned beef & pastrami w/ melted swiss, coleslaw & russian dressing on a toasted hero

and a coke

Dude, you're coming over and sharing, bitch.
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 5:36 pm

i get this thing once a week -- makes up for the salads i eat the rest of the week -- fuckin awesome
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 5:43 pm

That's really something to look forward to. Shit. We gotta combo-rendezvous one of these days.
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 5:47 pm

Leftover roasted garlic soup with bits of baguette (that stuff was yummy)

Baby spinach salad with artichoke hearts and the infamous artichoke/parm dressing (by Annie's Naturals--one fo the new flavors)
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 6:08 pm

I think I'm moving up to paperclips and pencil shavings today. With a side of liquid paper.
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 6:13 pm

did someone say rendezvous? mmm, a pile of dry rub ribs would be good right now!
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 6:15 pm

Did that for dinner Tuesday. Wish I had 'em now...
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Soul Vegetarian.. fried steak, corn, rice, garden salad w/prince dressing, BBQ protein tidbits.. yum
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 8:21 pm

Breakfast.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 8:11 pm

Sliced baguette/ tomato/ fresh moosarelly and balsamic vingar and olive oil seasoned with s&p.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 8:15 pm

Already started with a Sam Smith Imperial Stout. I'm surprised I even have room for anything else.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 8:30 pm

Bagel with Santa Barbara Green Olive/Cream Cheese spread. I am also meeting a friend at a TEA PLACE. She is off the coffee wagon and drinking tea only...so we'll see. I am going for the Earl Grey.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 9:47 pm

TEA? Ouch! I hope it's made of coca leaves.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 9:48 pm

dirt &dog shit ,with some vodka to wash it down!yummy yummy yummy!!!!
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 9:49 pm

cocaine leaves!
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 1:37 am

I had popeye's for lunch! the neighborhood popeye's is finally open!
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 1:39 am

Seems things are lookin' up. Congrats!
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 6:52 am

chunks of colby jack cheese, and sandwich pepperoni. Makes for good bathroom time...
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 5:27 pm

leftover pot roast with baby yukon gold potatoes (that joe made for me last night). droooool.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Sorry lover, but I think I got the fattiest piece with me here at work.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 8:15 pm

I just discovered the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts down the street from my work, and it rules! On Friday I ate a grilled chevre-stuffed chicken breast with rosemary gravy; the day before it was blackened snapper, for under $5. Plus, the food is presented a whole lot better than the cafeteria where I used to eat reheated samosas every other day.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 9:23 pm

OK, I just got back from lunch at the PICA, and was it ever GOOD today. I had quiche (with bacon, turkey, spinach and caramelised onions) and deep-fried crab risotto with a prawn garnish. It only cost $5.50!!!
Posted: Jan 17, 2006 3:59 pm

More Bourdain recipe Cream of Mushroom soup!
Posted: Jan 17, 2006 4:54 pm

Left-over [p-nutty] stir-fry......don't really want it though......

mmmm...maybe doubledavespizzabuffet.....mmmmmpepperonipizzaaaarolls....with ranch and red sauce for dippin....yeah...that's it.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 5:33 pm

CHICK FIL A sandwich with polynesian sauce slathered on and waffle fries and a diet dr. pepper.

that is...if i stay on campus to eat. if not, then i might opt for mexican!
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 5:41 pm

Pita bread. Hummus with olives. Avocado. Yoga.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 7:54 pm

Weight Watchers' Sweet and Sour Chicken and a handful of raw baby carrots. I had two clementines earlier (they rocked!), and have some yogurt for my 4 p.m. snack.
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 10:25 pm

ixnayed the idea of chick fil a and mexican and went with saigon le chicken fried rice. i think i was craving it after jack asked about methods of reheating fried rice. hahahah.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 6:42 pm

Just polished off the last of the terragon chicken. For dessert I have a Hunts Handy Snack banana split pudding cup. Great flavor!
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:25 pm

Eggs Benedict (veggie--sauteed spinach and *mushrooms*)!!!
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:32 pm

This pencil is delicious. I sprinkled scissors on it.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Wash it down with some liquid paper.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:08 pm

I've been on a Burger King kick lately.I just can't seem to get enough of it.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:10 pm

I'm having the roast duck again. Im positive I'll never get sick of it.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:17 pm

I had a reuben at Hueys today and it was really good. Been into reubens lately and I seriously think they have the best. I know...I know..."theres this deli at T and 482nd Streets in New York that has the best reuben in New York". Yeah...well we aint gots that here in Memphis!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:57 pm

throw some sourkraut a whopper,and it's the best "ruben"EVER!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:58 pm

you're a rube.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:58 pm

I'm high on pills&cheap beer.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 6:48 pm

Fried chicken (drumstick and thigh) krab and shrimp salad, two small pieces of watermelon, one each small piece of cantaloupe and honeydew.

Perfect.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 6:59 pm

Peach yogurt (not gogurt), lean turkey slices and some almonds smoked with amino acids (so damn good--as are the cashews).
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 7:39 pm

It's payday, and I'm going to get a bacon cheeseburger right NOW.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 8:37 pm

coffee coffee coffee
then
hot water w/ meyer lemon juice squeezed into it

repeat all day long
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 8:49 pm

Homemade garlic,cayenne,ginger,lemon water/tea. Maybe pizza. LAME.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:15 pm

I am working from home today and made myself a big-ass quesadilla with black beans, tomatos, jalapenos, green onion, lime juice, monterey jack, baked in the oven for a few minutes, voila! I threw some Melinda's on top. I never eat this much when I go to work, so maybe this is not a good thing to stay home. At least I baked it, I guess.

coffee coffee coffee
then
hot water w/ meyer lemon juice squeezed into it

I, too, am usually on the coffee and water diet.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:19 pm

At least I baked it, I guess.

You aren't supposed to fry quesadillas if that's what you mean, although they are typically made in a frying pan.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:31 pm

I usually make mine in a pan with some oil.... so I guess I just mean I cut out the oil.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:31 pm

You don't need oil to make a quesadilla! Just a hot pan, a tortilla and cheese.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:41 pm

Hey, I like oil! Everything is better with oil.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:42 pm

Wanna taste my face?
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:43 pm

I was being lazy by putting it in the oven anyway. I didn't want to flip it...
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:43 pm

Yum, oily bj face. I already ate, dammit.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 10:00 pm

late lunch meatloaf sand w/chedd &plenty of mayo & hot sauce
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 10:45 pm

salmon pita and tabbouleh and hummus from casablanca. yum.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:23 pm

Homemade moussake w/ lamb, fresh courgettes and tomatoes and a bottle of haut-médoc wine, yummie.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:24 pm

for dinner, that is
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 6:41 pm

I just hada 3 dollar gyro from a street vendor. It was KILLER! The hot sauce was hot, it was packed with meat and it neither barked nor meowed when I bit into it. I'm gonna be this guy's new regular customer.
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 6:43 pm

had homemade (by somebody else)enchiladas last night. they're still working me over, but damn they were good.
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 6:44 pm

The IT dept. sprung for Back Yard Burger catering. I'm not IT anymore, but I ate their burgers anyway.
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 7:42 pm

Oscar Meyer kosher hot dog with mustard and relish, no bun.
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 7:52 pm | Edited by: Alisa

cheese for lunch...LIVERS FOR DINNER!
Jack come over for dinner and wheel my trash down. I'll cook enough for the wife and boy, too!
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 7:58 pm

No.
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Oh Jack, pleeeaze? I'll make broccoli too...
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 8:30 pm

veggie sandwich from quizzno's. yum.
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 8:51 pm

egg salad on multigrain bread.

FROM STARBUCKS.

And it was actually pretty good.
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 8:55 pm

crunch n munch and coffee cake!!!! from the vending machine. fucking piece of shit wouldn't relinquish its microwave popcorn.
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 9:30 pm

Salad w. a packet of caesar dressing that was in my fridge cuz I ran out of raspberry last night. Anchovies taste so yuck.
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 10:43 pm

young avenue deli fried mushrooms (while listening to shooter jennings sound check)
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Man. Fried mushrooms sound good to me. I haven't had them probably since I lived there--what are you using for dip?
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 6:14 am

I've got your dip right here!!!!!
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 8:03 pm

mmm i like those fried mushrooms from there, but my favorite thing up at the deli are those fried artichoke hearts. holy hell those things are gooooood.

what i am eating for lunch? nothing. drinking diet coke til i get finished filling out my taxes last minute style...*pout*
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 8:07 pm

For lunch? Red wine. Pig for dinner. Bed by 8.
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Fasting. So I get yogurt and a cereal bar.
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 8:25 pm

Burger with cheddar and aioli--which I only ate a few bites of cos they put too much "Burger Blend" in the meat. I hate that!!!

But the fries were spectacular.
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 8:26 pm

Diets are for suckers, fiery.
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 9:16 pm

what are you using for dip?

ranch, the all purpose dip.
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 9:29 pm

bi bim bop!
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 9:46 pm

Yeah, I obviously threw mine (diet) out the fucking window! I have to admit I have curbed things a bit since before my attempt (no more mochas, white sugar and I do check labels on processed foods) and in another 2 weeks I will again allow myself some more triple cream cheese!
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 12:19 am

i made myself some lemon tarragon chicken salad on grilled wheat bread. it was rather tasty.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 4:39 pm

Soup and some lean deli slices of beef--no sandwich. And water. Lots of water.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 4:44 pm

Cheese booger on an English muffin from home and peanut butter patties from the Girl Scouts to wash it down.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 5:26 pm

tuna salad (with pickles of course) in a tortilla with a banana and that bag of madhouse muchies brand bbq chips that have been starring at me all morning....
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 10:25 pm

everyone that i just gunned down in the financial aid office. i need a toothpick now.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 2:58 am

vegan house special at local chinese place
Posted: May 5, 2006 7:00 pm

flafel lentils rice, i think i could drink oilve oil in a big gulp cup.
Posted: May 5, 2006 7:15 pm

I am considering this right now. I may go get a burger at Slow Bar as it is payday.
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:03 pm

Nope--I am going to this place Sagittarius for whatever they do. Unless Joe Dixon comes on here and talks me out of it. He has 25 minutes.
Posted: May 6, 2006 5:28 pm

ferrero roche chocolates and cafe au-lait.

those chocolates are FONOMINAL!
the combo sounds good too
i'm on my way to the coffee pot...
already did the pot!
Posted: May 26, 2006 4:34 pm

I'll be having a $2.75 street vendor gyro to try and ease the pain of not being Chicago.
Posted: May 26, 2006 5:21 pm

It was great. Thanks for caring.
Posted: May 26, 2006 5:28 pm

joe- go down to one of those places over by penn station and get yrself a quality gyro from mexicans who care

Im macking a saigon le lunch 2day
Posted: May 26, 2006 5:32 pm

Hot soft pretzels and tea at Brookhaven.
Posted: May 26, 2006 6:14 pm

pulled port bbq sandwich from Daisy May's BBQ cart on 49th Street
best bbq in nyc - it is pretty fucking crucial, dude
Posted: May 26, 2006 6:37 pm

joe- go down to one of those places over by penn station and get yrself a quality gyro from mexicans who care

The cart I go to is called "Ali Baba's." You KNOW I ain't going nowhere else.
Posted: May 26, 2006 10:43 pm

Detour Cafe's tuna salad sandwich--toasted on homemade foccacia with avocado and cheddar. No tomato.
Posted: May 30, 2006 7:12 pm

Homemade chicken enchiladas--homemade EVERYTHING except tortillas!!!! Rick Bayless recipe.
Posted: May 31, 2006 8:28 pm

hunan gradens spicy curry noodle soup with boneless chicken and potato.
$6 and comes in a tub the size of your head
2.5 meals

and its spicy as fuck!!! good stuff
Posted: May 31, 2006 8:53 pm

leftover bbq chicken breast that i made last night that was absofuckinglutely killer. put in hickory chips and everything. ohhhhh boy. and also some grilled potatoes and onions.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 12:06 am

ixnayed the chicken idea and went ahead and got sashimi at sekisui instead. i was needing something different. i'll have the chicken for a midnight snack.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 9:51 pm

right this minute i am eating navy beans (seasoned w/ bacon and onions), squash (w/ onions), fresh cold 'maters, snap beans and cornbread
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 8:04 pm

i had a taco bell spicy chicken crunch wrap and a diet pepsi. damn taco bell. i'm going to be shitting for a week.
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 7:32 pm

progresso clam chowder
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 8:10 pm

Nothing. I had a huge breakfast of eggs benedict with spinach and mushrooms.
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 7:07 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Tarragon chicken salad on wheat and iced espresso
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 9:54 pm

grilled cheese with mesquite turkey and sliced tomatoes. mmmm.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®