Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 9:50 pm

First off, this is my third try posting this. I keep getting some kinda fucked up "No topic" message or something. Hope this works, just so you can hear me complain...

After switching to Crystal last year I haven't touched Tabaco. Until last week. I went to breakfast and got biscuits and gravy and topped it with the Tabasco sitting on the table. It had a really gross sweet kinda flavor to it that I don't remember ever tasting before. Anyway, it really does suck.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 9:59 pm

try Louisiana hot sauce. the red dot does me right every time!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 10:16 pm

No doubt. Tabasco is simply nasty. All the "Louisiana" food joints here have Tabasco. At the Roux Bon Temps cafe (can you throw in another generic Creole-ism?) has Zapps but they have Tabasco on the table. The oyster po boy there was just SAD too. Nearly raw oysters, breading all wet and falling off. Yuk.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 10:31 pm

I really did enjoy the Tabasco Mayonaise I bought in New Orleans 80 years ago. Anybody know where I can score some of this? It's tangy AND spicy at the same time! YUMMMM.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 10:51 pm

try Louisiana hot sauce. the red dot does me right every time!

My girlfriend's been camped out at my house the past while and has been throwing this on everything. My last bottle!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 11:06 pm

Cajun Chef is also very good.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 2:55 am

I really did enjoy the Tabasco Mayonaise I bought in New Orleans 80 years ago. Anybody know where I can score some of this? It's tangy AND spicy at the same time! YUMMMM.

its really easy to make your own. in restaurants, i always ask for a side of mayo and ALL of the hot sauces available and mix up my own mayo/hot pepper sauce
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 3:04 am

Been looking for Crystal in Chicago and can't find it. Louisiana is OK, but I won't buy it. Tabasco is a last ditch effort, and sometimes, a "no thanks."
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 4:35 am

i have got that "no topic" message a couple times on the FOOD topic to...
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 4:39 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

I get "Empty field" sometimes over in the ???? section. Msr. Raider?
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 4:40 am

me too....
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 4:44 am

ok. I just kept trying to add the comment "Aliens." to the Turntable Help thread on ????. It was giving me the "Empty Field" message. I changed it to "Aliens, man." and it worked. From now on, I will insert " ,man." to make my posts work, man.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 12:54 pm

Chinese grocery joints sell that pepper sauce marked in 20 Asian lingos and it's way cheaper than the hot sauce in the big grocery chains..yeah its got a cock on it..
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 3:34 pm

i know this must be some kind of a sin or at least a guilty pleasure but i really like the green tobasco sauce -- not exclusively or anything, but i dig it.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 3:45 pm

Yeah, green is great on home fries.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 3:45 pm

I made my own this year and it turned out great.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 7:34 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

Tabasco sucks because it's too vinegar-y, which is not what you're looking for when you want to put hot sauce on something. If you like vinegar that much, you may as well just use vinegar as a condiment. But for a hot sauce, Tabasco is worthless.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®