Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:08 am

Because they're awesome....
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:10 am

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:11 am

Joe, you got yours, now...

Don't fear the fungus...
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:18 am

Have you ever noticed that people who don't like mushrooms are usually downers? And slightly perverse, too. They probably try to "hurt" inanimate objects. Only non-mushroom eaters think about stealing.
It's a fact that most serial killers are picky eaters.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:30 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mushrooms! stuffed with crab meat. marinated and grilled! yummay.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:31 am

CURSES!!!!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 6:21 am

Did you know?

People who hate mushrooms were the staunchest of Hitler's friends.

Also, Osama Bin Laden HATES mushrooms.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 3:09 pm

I love mushrooms:

breaded and deep fired

marinated and broiled

of the hallucinogenic variety

in hot dog form (franklin farms portabello dogs - WAY better then tofu pups)
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:06 pm

There was some chocolate mushrooms going around this last spring.....I never knew my backyard was so......interesting.

Making some stuffed mushrooms to take to a party today.....these won't be quite so funny
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:32 pm

I am married to a mushroom-hater. He is actually more scared of them, I think. He has liked mushroom-stuffed ravioli and also chanterelle's sauteed with butter and bacon, though.

I am making chanterelle and oyster mushroom soup this PM--the Bourdain Cream of recipe. For me only, o' course.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:33 pm

And psychedelic mushrooms are well, the best drug ever.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:45 pm

What are those lil' cute whole mushrooms they put in thai food?
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:52 pm

Oyster mushrooms.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 6:50 pm

Action Dirk, does thinking about putting a mushyroom cap in your mouth make you gay, or the actual act?
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 6:52 pm

"shit-take" mushrooms. Tastes great in stir-fry and in soups but really does some crazy things to my colon.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 6:59 pm

Did you know?

People who dislike mushrooms usually think about hurting baby monkeys.

They also can't dance very well.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 7:09 pm

Reeses Pieces monkees? I put a hurtin on them while watching Chimp Channel. Bunker Hill's the only man that I trust with dancing knowledge.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 7:23 pm

i'm marinating portabellos in salsa, hot sauce, and smoked salt right now! i'm thinking broil them & serve with rice and beans.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 9:25 pm

I used to consume ~1 pound of mushrooms a day -- raw, sauteed, stuffed, fried, whatever. A "friend" worried that eating so much fungus was bad for me. Something about them being too low on the food chain.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 9:39 pm

My soup was delish but I am going to have to add the chanterelles separately later on in the cooking process cos they get too slimy. The button mushrooms stay perfect, but those fancy chanterelles are too delicate.

I have had a hangover for TWO DAYS.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 9:49 pm

Did you know?

People who discriminate against mushrooms are 10 times more likely to cause wrecks with parked cars.

Mushroom haters typically still wet the bed.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 9:51 pm

I ain't wet the bed in two years!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 9:54 pm

Anyone ever try huitalcoche? It's some sort of fungus from corn. I got a can of it for christmas and am not sure what to cook with it.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 10:30 pm

Did you know?

The real reason the Titanic sank because the captain was too busy complaining about mushrooms in his fried rice.

Also, mushrooms have long been known to boost the immune system. This is why non-mushroom eaters typically die of AIDS.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 12:30 am

Before going into battle, "Brezerkers" would spend about two days eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. The intensity with which they fought while in this psychotic state is what gave them there name.
While French cuisine often-times includes mushrooms, it is the overall lack of mushrooms in their diet (as a whole population) which makes them surrender so much.

Most people who hate mushrooms are cowards.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 2:10 am

Do hallucinogenic mushroom grow really well in/around Jackson, MS? My folks own a farm outside of Jackson. There are raising some cattle there but did not find any mushrooms the last time I was there.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 2:45 am

horses. not cattle. must be grain fed.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 4:13 am

Sliced mushrooms fried up in butter with marjoram. Yum. Simple and delicious.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 6:41 am

Did you know?

People who dislike mushrooms are responsible for cancer.

Also, Pennsylvania is the United States' largest producer of mushrooms. People who cannot tolerate mushrooms also hate liberty.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 4:21 pm

who has had the "puffball" mushrooms? I can't get into 'em?
whudda 'bout truffles?
Morrells? Love 'em both.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 5:40 pm

The Internet tells us that "the ancient Egyptians considered mushrooms the sons of gods, sent to earth riding on bolts of thunder."
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 5:50 pm

I actually am curious to try a truffle. Anything that costs that much has got to be good.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 6:24 pm

I got to try them where I work. Someone here gave me a whole jar full. I probably would have never tried them otherwise. I did end-up buying some truffle shavings later on. I paid like 30 bucks for them, but they lasted a long time---alittle goes a long way.
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 7:04 pm

Don't ever but mushrooms in Amsterdam! They were total duds!
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 8:58 pm

Did you know?

People who love mushrooms are called "Mycophiles".

People who dislike mushrooms are called "slow".
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 9:18 pm

Man, I must not be slow, or a nazi, or even a pedophile. Because I LOVE mushrooms!
Posted: Jan 3, 2006 9:27 pm

nobody knows the truffle I've seen.....
Posted: Jan 4, 2006 4:20 am

Bazooka-

Truffles are best used as a flavoring agent- NEVER eat a whole one. It'll put you off forever.

The black ones tend to be milder, the white ones a bit more intense. They kinda have a garlicy quality to them. You can also buy truffle oil or truffle-scented olive oil, both of which are cheaper, easier ways to test the flavor (straight oil-of-truffle is still pretty steep, though).

Super good things- truffled mashed potatoes, truffled egg salad, truffled ravioli, etc.
Posted: Jan 4, 2006 4:50 am

Anything that costs that much has got to be good.

Now that's the spirit!
Who wants a yucky ol' McTruffle made by someone who hasn't washed there hands due to conditioning from living in an improvised neighborhood all there life. IT'S NOT THERE FAULT! But that doesn't mean you need to eat there slop now does it? No!
Mister Bazooka, you go right on down there and get you that $500 dollar truffle sir! You deserve it!
Posted: Jan 4, 2006 4:51 am

How come I can't get the italics thing to work?
Posted: Jan 4, 2006 4:51 am

How come I can't get the italics thing to work?
Posted: Jan 8, 2006 12:03 am

actually 'shrooms do grow outta cowshit, but i think it may depend on what they are fed. warm, misty mornings usually bring 'em out. as a teenager i frequented some fields out by herb parsons lake, kinda past collierville. boil and mix with kool-aid or frozen juice concentrate, drink more than you think you should, then wait.
Posted: Jan 8, 2006 7:48 pm

I hate mushrooms unless they are well hidden in whatever I'm eating and no one tells me I'm eating mushroom. Mushrooms are vile when the texture resembles a tongue. I'm not a pedophile but I am extremely perverse...subverse I mean.
Posted: Jan 8, 2006 7:52 pm

Did you know?

Anti-mushroomers do poorly on their SATs.

Most mushroom haters cheat in card games.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 8:55 pm

Me rikey!
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 9:11 pm

You're all gonna die!
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 9:14 pm

Did you know?

Mushroom opponents secretly love Kip Winger.

Mushroom Proponents get in to heaven automatically.
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 10:23 pm

You make me sooooooooo mad! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
Posted: Jan 9, 2006 10:38 pm

Did you know?

There is a town in Japan where the women eat mushrooms for a week because they believe it increases fertility, and they worship the penis.

It is true, though, that non-mushroom eaters worship penis, too.
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Hey mushroom lovers, how do you keep mushrooms from going bad? It seems like if they're in the fridge for a week they're rotten. Is there any tricks for keeping them fresh?
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 3:23 pm

Ewwww... there's mold on my fungus!
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 4:07 pm

No, it's the stank that knocks you back!
Posted: Jan 10, 2006 11:32 pm

they stay fresher longer if you keep em dry. dont rinse before you store, and dont let em sit around for a week!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®