Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Beans! Beans! The Musical Fruit! The More You Eat........
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 2:37 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Kindly provide an EAAAZZZY recipe......I loathed cleaning the beans so much as a kiddo, I completely blocked out how my Mom actually cooked 'em. So I've never made them. I tried a packaged one a couple months ago, I cooked it an hour over it's suggested time and the beans were still crunchy. Grrr!

And right now, I don't have a crock pot. SHould I get one for just this purpose?

Comments & best bean soup recipes, preese.
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 3:47 pm

blue runner red beans.........the only beans you need. eatem right out the can. delish
no cookey no washey
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 4:54 pm

I like that packaged 15 bean soup stuff, add ham or hocks and use canned chicken broth instead of water. You have to let the beans soak OVERNIGHT, though. Then you drain off the soak water, rinse them, and add them to your onions, etc. Then let em cook another couple of hours.
The alternative to the overnight method is to boil the hell out of them for 15 minutes, then cover and let them sit for 2 or 3 hours before you start the soup.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 3:08 am

getcherself a pressure cooker. add water, beans, seasoning and whatall, fire it up and get away. if the seal holds and it doesn'ter end up plastering the ceiling, after about an hour youll have a nice looking pot of tender deliciousness.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:40 am

the packaged 15 bean soup is fucking killer. love love love love love it. i add in a lot of vegetables (okra, corn, peppers, onions) to it and use chicken broth or vegetable broth instead of water (depending on who is eating with me. have too many veggie friends. hahah.)

i like black beans as well. but that's more in a chili type style that i eat them.

soaking the shit out of them overnight, like alisa said should do the trick for ya. makes them soffffffffft.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:44 am

black eyed peas!
I just ate the shit out of em!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®