Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Mr. Big nailed for tax dodge
Posted: Nov 1, 2005 5:33 am

I repeat, you gots to pay your taxes, people ... and don't hang out with R. Kelly.

^(ATTN: National editors)
^//Singer Isley Is Convicted in Tax Case// (Los Angeles)
^By David Rosenzweig
^© 2005, Los Angeles Times

LOS ANGELES -- R&B singer Ronald Isley was convicted by a federal jury Monday of evading payment of more than 3 million in income taxes between 1997 and 2002.
The Isley Brothers’ frontman, who has a history of run-ins with the Internal Revenue Service, was accused of concealing income by demanding cash when his group performed on tour. Isley would then pay his musicians with currency, making it difficult to determine how much he had retained for himself, prosecutors said.
He faces a maximum term of 26 years in prison when he is sentenced Jan. 9 by U.S. District Judge Dean Pregerson. Under federal sentencing guidelines, however, he probably will receive a much shorter term.
Posted: Nov 1, 2005 5:48 am

shit, i thought you meant Mr. Big, the band that sang that song 'i'm the one that wants to be with you...'
Posted: Nov 1, 2005 6:22 am

I don't think they even have any income to tax.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®