Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / post King Khan show reviews pleeze
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 8:24 am

set lists if you can, and is it a 2 or 1 man show
too bad he can't get one of his sisters to
fill in on Uke and harmony.
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 1:52 am

yeah, what happened last night Memphians?
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 2:41 am

Yeah, since I missed it. And I'm still stuck at work.
I bet it felt good in the Buc with the little nip in the air...
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 3:16 am

they no show. deported mark. see other threads!

khan's coming saturday, hopefully mark will make it, too.
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 3:18 am

Yeah, I saw all that; but, I thought RS were still on?
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 5:23 am

the reigning sound were still on and redondo beat played before then. the king khan and bbq show weren't there. :( but i had never heard redondo beat and i really liked their set and the reigning sound were good. greg busted a string on there right before the last song, so it wouldn't have went any longer because they were pretty far into it. they have a new bassist on the tour.
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 9:09 pm

Redondo Beat and Reigning Sound were great. The Reigning Sound bass player for this tour is ex-Tough and Lovely member Carol Schumacher, who did a fine job. Requests included: We Repel and Since When.
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 9:30 pm

I yelled Girl a lot but my requests usually get ignored. Then they played it and that's when Greg broke a string. Foiled again! Static party was great to hear though. Sounded really muffled by the bar. Eric described it as "listening to the band through a pillow." Quite accurate. Redondo Beat was good as well. Where are those guys from?
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 11:07 pm

does the reigning sound ever play Medication live?
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 11:50 pm

I always request it. Greg told me they weren't playing it the times I requested it because Dave hadn't learned it yet. When Carol started learning songs for the tour, I asked her to ask Greg to teach it to her because they can expect me to yell out for it when I see them... so let's hope they are doing it now. Its one of my fave songs from Too Much Guitar
Posted: Oct 28, 2005 12:09 am

When Carol started learning songs for the tour, I asked her to ask Greg to teach it to her because they can expect me to yell out for it when I see them... so let's hope they are doing it now. Its one of my fave songs from Too Much Guitar

greatness, i hope they learn it by tomorrow.
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 2:39 pm

saw king kahn and bbq / black lips the other night. it was really good. i saw them both at the rockening and i thought the other night in lafayette they were much better. especially king khan and bbq. if you have the chance to see the "death cult" i would do so
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 3:11 pm | Edited by: Windy

Redondo Beat are from Germany

http://redondobeat.de/
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®