Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Klan is Koming to Austin
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 8:53 pm

Liberal Oasis my ass!

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?s=4020533

The city has given permission of the Ku Klux Klan to hold a rally on Saturday, November 5. The group says they want to have a pro-family values rally in front of City Hall that afternoon to get voters to vote against gay marriage.

Ku Klux Klan wrote: "Our speech will not be inflammatory, but we all know the reputation of the name of the KKK, so we expect anti-Klan demonstrators to be there who may become violent. We certainly don't want any of our people hurt nor any city officials. We just want to come and encourage people to vote for Christian Family Values and against legalized homosexual marriage in the state of Texas."
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 8:56 pm

It's the New Klan. Kinda like Compassionate Conservatism.

We just want to come and encourage people to vote for Christian Family Values
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 8:58 pm

What if said homosexuals engaged in attempted marriage are both blonde-haired and blue eyed and will only adopt blonde christian children who they will raise to be racist pop singers?
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 8:59 pm

They're fuckers, but they have a right to say what they want. Maybe if people realize how much the KKK and the current administration have in common, they'll rethink their affiliations. Then again, they probably won't.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 9:05 pm

I always thought it would be funny if; instead of people coming out in droves to protest the Klan, nobody showed up. No media, no crowd on protesters… just the klan standing there looking stupid.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 9:11 pm

thats kind of what happened in kalamazoo once. when i was like 12, i had to walk past the courthouse after school everyday, one day there were about 20 klansmen in full regalia, megaphones and all out front. two dudes from local news looking uninterested, not even taping. "white power" hollered a few times. thats bout all
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 9:18 pm

When they came to New York, I saw my favorite Post headline ever. It was a Kalansman rubbing his eye- headline...K-K-KO'd! A schoolteacher from Brooklyn punched him out. I think they should come here every year so all the brothers in NY can see who the real crackers are.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 9:34 pm

I was there the last time theose fuckers tried this back in 1993. We played an anti-klan party the night before and our black bass player wore a genuine Klan shirt and we played "the KKK Took My Baby Away". The nest day at the protest, we outnumbered the klan by several thousand. The Texas Rangers had to sneak them off the Capitol grounds via an underground passage into waiting prison busses. Good times.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 9:40 pm

so we expect anti-Klan demonstrators to be there who may become violent.

Yeah you know those peaceniks, they are always inciting violence, burning crosses on people's lawns, and the like...
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 9:53 pm

The best photo I've ever seen in the Daily Texan came from a Klan rally, held in 1981, I'm pretty sure. Anyway, it showed a cowering klansman, his hood off, being protected by a black cop. A picture really can tell a thousand words or more. I'm amazed the Klan want to come back, since, as Carney related, there will be far more folks protesting then any potential recruits.
I think I still have that Texan- pulitzer prize stuff.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 10:07 pm

I was in Austin in '93. It was funny watching the SHARP skinheads trying to avoid getting their asses kicked by explaining that they were the "anti-racist" skins. Some folks just weren't buying it. They all love Skrewdriver anyway.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 10:19 pm

That's funny cuz ther'es usually a black one in the bunch.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 10:52 pm | Edited by: jay reatard

most of the people i know on this board listen to Skrewdriver...what's yer point?
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 11:40 pm

so we expect anti-Klan demonstrators to be there who may become violent.

Yeah you know those peaceniks, they are always inciting violence, burning crosses on people's lawns, and the like...

ummmmm, toledo anyone?
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 12:49 am

We all love Skrewdriver. No point at all.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 1:00 am

they dont burn crosses. they light crosses.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 3:29 am

I hate Illinois NAZI's.....
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 6:00 am

listen to Skrewdriver

first album essential,
second lp hmmm,
after that
I switch to Pub Rock and
Reckless Eric.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 6:10 am

Bob you get that cd yet?

First Skrewdriver record is so good, never even heard the racist stuff. 2 Live Jews "Oi it's so humid, it's like a sauna in here."
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 7:46 am

i remember that 2 live jews tape....
skrewdriver's first lp and singles (antisocial, and their cover of 19th nervous breakdown are ace) up to back with a bang are great. anything after that got way too motorhead sounding for my taste, although i've used limewire to download all their rascist stuff without the shame and degredation of ordering it through the mail....
i remember reading in that book 'punk diary'...ian stewart wrote a letter to search and destroy (i think) back in '78 totally denouncing their fanbase and crowd violence and the national front...saying it wasn't what they were about. apparently there's a conspiracy going around that either he faked his own death or it wasn't an 'accident', trying to get away from his persona and the scene he created. poor, misunderstood ian stewart...
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 11:31 am

i don't know it's kinda hard to misunderstand...."nigger, nigger, nigger get on that boat...nigger, nigger, nigger row"....and to quoute someone else.
"just sayin'"
Chad
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 5:11 pm

Skrewdriver's first LP is decent but not that great and definitely not essential. Just another 2nd tier UK punk band in league with Slaughter and the Dogs and Satan's Rats.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 5:27 pm

I don't like screwdriver
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 5:45 pm

I feel sorry for the rest of the band. Make a couple of good punk records, break up, then in 1982 find out your singer's made a record called 'white power' with a different backing band and using the same name.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 6:02 pm

i found an interview online somewhere with ginny, the original guitarist and that was pretty much the basis of the interview. he was saying how dissapointing it was, but not suprising as ii guess ian stewart had that stuff brewing in him for a while.
i think the singles are far more essential than the lp, but OH MAN is that first song great.
and chad, i wasn't being serious about him being misunderstood.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 6:21 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Counter demonstrations encourage these folks, and the ensuing riots only validate their message. I'd just ignore these boring screwballs.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 7:09 pm

I must admit "You're So Dumb" is pretty hot...great guitar sound too.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 7:14 pm

There's a Howard Johnson! Wanna get some Klams?
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 7:48 pm

the SHARP skinheads

One one trip to Dayton a while back this chick asked me if I was a "Sharpie" and I didn't even know what the hell it was. Once I figured it out, I was like "What's the point?" If you hate a group of people, why dress like them? What makes a white guy with his head shaved who hates racism stand out from a a white guy with his head shaved who's a racist? I would think either one could possibly instill fear in a bystander...

One thing that I've always found interesting about these hate groups is how inbred and stupid their leaders seem to be. They're so transparent.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 7:49 pm

If you hate a group of people, why dress like them?

Trad skins were reggae fans. The National Front stole the look.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 8:01 pm

Trad skins were reggae fans.

To quote Jon Stewart: Wha?

On a different note, I had a friend who had a baby by a racist skinhead. Years later, she had a baby by a black guy. I always thought it was kind of ironic. Probably pissed her ex off. Very cool chick; tough, punk rock chick.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 8:05 pm

http://www.ibiblio.org/prism/jan98/chron.html
http://www.gjf.org/

Here is the story of the Greensboro massacre.
If you have not seen this video, you need to see it.
Here is one view.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/18/1515255
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 8:23 pm

holy shit! i forgot all about that. i remember watching that on the news.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 8:42 pm

"forty Ku Klux Klansmen and American Nazis opened fire on an anti-Klan demonstration in Greensboro, North Carolina. Five people were killed."

Forty guns and five casualties. Stupid poeple with bad aim.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 9:20 pm

i'm a pretty big fan of a lot of skinhead music before punk. from ska/reggae, slade, jook and all that...good shit.
the trojan skinhead reggae box set is in heavy rotation right now.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 10:59 pm

Hail the New Donkey!!!!
go see the Kajun SS
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 5:32 am

The best photo I've ever seen in the Daily Texan came from a Klan rally, held in 1981, I'm pretty sure. Anyway, it showed a cowering klansman, his hood off, being protected by a black cop. A picture really can tell a thousand words or more.

I think this might've been the same KKK rally that Bill Daniels took footage of and made a short film. He used The Dicks song Anti-Klan Part 2(bluesy dobro version) for the soundtrack. Heck of a film.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 5:53 am

i like bill daniels.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 8:06 am

Funny to talk to some of these people in real life; always the dumbest people on Earth. And of course they have to make it all "official" with little names like National Liberation Force. I always thought that shit was the funniest. Second funniest is dumb/illiterate street punk kids trying to talk politics. But at least they ain't racist...
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 8:16 am

Yeah you know those peaceniks, they are always inciting violence, burning crosses on people's lawns, and the like..

it's funny cause it's true
just like you'll get supposedly open minded individuals getting all worked up because some people around em might have a differring belief system

never underestimate the infinity of human stupidity
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm

This is like the 4th thread on here that deals with the KKK and white supremacy. I suppose another thread will be the "George Lincoln Rockwell Tribute Thread".
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 12:38 am | Edited by: I am the Arm

Did you mention niggers in your song?
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 1:05 am

texas, and the usa in general doesnt need the klan to tell them to vote against gay marriage when they already have the ruling party of the government doing that.

I don't think anyone's been TELLING 85% of Americans to consistently defeat gay marriage measures. I just think most people think it's a stupid idea on its face ...
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 1:36 am

I suppose Austin's gotta let the Klan have their rally thingie to prove that Austin supports free speach?
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 1:46 am

speach?
FREE SPEACH

Damn, you guys both mispelled speech the same way...
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 1:50 am

twas a mere type-o, not a misspell
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 2:28 am

SHARP skinheads

man I haven't heard of them in a long time, that is cracking me up for some reason. everything is such a big deal when you're 18!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 6:52 am

E and A arent even next to each other on the keyboard
SPEACH
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®