Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Best Carpet Cleaner EVER
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 2:53 am

I was really wasted last night, and I tried to go downstairs to get some water in the wee hours of morning, and I tripped over my doggie gate and cut my foot open in three places. It sucks ass. I called off work because of it and everything. Nick got all the blood stains out of the carpet with Resolve UPHOLSTERY cleaner... Weird, how the carpet cleaner doesn't work. So, we have these kool-aid stains that won't come out, any ideas?
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 3:17 am

1800STANLEY it the clearner whos gets it cleanre!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 3:22 am

steemer that gets it cleaner
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 7:05 am

try using SALT on your stains before you suck em up w/ a steamer or a cleaner. salt absorbs everything. wondering if there is sodium in RESOLVE... i love that stuff.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 7:13 am

that was on an episode of 'curb your enthusiasm'...it really works, but only if they stain is still wet. club soda and salt
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 7:19 am

you can re-wet the stain and pour salt on it. its the sodium in the club soda that makes it effective.

i always do this when i drop sauce on my white shirts in restaurants, and i do THAT pretty often. it works like a charm

salt is also the best way to clean a cast iron skillet when food sticks to it.

salt is your friend!
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 11:02 am

Thanks! I'll try that.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 11:47 am

please do let us know if any of the guggestions work. I have a nice blue cotton work shirt with a coffee spill on the front, repeated washings have no effect. Anyone know a good pre treat solution - don't want to bleach it.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 12:38 pm

I'll keep ya posted.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 3:10 pm

a coffee spill on the front
Believe it or not I use generic SHOUT! and it works pretty well, although it is best to soak it down BEFORE you wash it the first time after the stain occurs... Also next time use cold water to get the bulk of the stain out right after it happens. I am the queen of dropping stuff on my shirt, especially if it's a light colored shirt...! Also...

Spot Shot- works on carpet and clothing. It's an aerosol can. It got out almost all of Violet's early "exploding poop" stains... It is an upholstery stain remover too.

I am sorry about your foot, Lula! That sounds painful.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 5:04 pm

I am sorry about your foot, Lula! That sounds painful.

Thanks, it's better today. Looks pretty gross. I keep bloody-ing up my socks, so I'll need to get those stains out, too! Ick.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 5:19 pm

Rosie O'Donnell
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®