Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / probably the biggest FUCK YOU I've ever witnessed in sports
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 3:56 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

And I don't even like baseball.

That was a man's homerun too. Not one of those Astros bitch ass left field 313 foot--routine fly ball in any other ballpark homeruns. Fuckin' bitches.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 4:00 pm

i don't know about fuck you, but damn that place SHUT UP.

the shots of andy pettit saying "oh my god" were awesome.

that was an amazing home run.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 4:05 pm

Is there a clip to post? I only saw about 5 minutes of the game last night.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 4:25 pm

i flipped over from mnf just in time to see the first out and figured i'd watch houston clinch their first pennant. i was mistaken. that blast was insane.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:16 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

I really thought we had it (and you're right...with doods decibel counter reading 100, it definitely got quiet in there).

That was a man's homerun too.
Alright-y then gay-boy! See your 'bitch-ass' on Weds.

P.S. BJ...see that (show-stoppin) clip on http://www.stlcardinals.com (slightly to the right where the two pitchers and game stats are lined up....there's a little green 'Video' button.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:19 pm

it'll be blocked at work, i'll be rooting for the 'stros. odds are good to get a split with oswalt and clemens on the hill.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:39 pm

We turned it off in the bottom of the 9th with 1 out to watch American Experience (which, by the way, was fantastic last night)...and switched it back just in time for the interview and repeated showings of the classic "oh my god" by Pettit.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:46 pm

to watch American Experience

hey was that the one about the dow chemical riot/ambush in viet nam? i read the book that was based on and i highly recommend it. really well written book on two compelling stories.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:54 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Yep--that was it. What was the title. "Marching Into Sunlight"? Great story; fantastic interviews; even better archival footage and editing.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:54 pm

INCREDIBLE!!! George and Barbara...SIT DOWN!!!

You knew it would happen as soon as that pitch left Lidge's hand. If you hang a ball out there like that, he will cream it every time, especially after going 0-4. I hope that gives the Redbirds momentum and some confidence at the plate through the rest of the series. It would be a shame for the best team in baseball to lose in the postseason again because of hitting slump.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 5:57 pm | Edited by: kermitthefrog

they marched into sunlight i think was the book's title. pick it up, great read. the footage was amazing, i didn't know of the viet nam portion of the story until i read the book seeing the footage and putting faces to the names was interesting. seeing that almost all of these kids were under 20 and knowing what their fates were was sickening however. dead baby faced kids are sobering.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 6:40 pm

my god, my roomates and i post this age old question: WHY THE FUCK DO YOU PITCH TO ALBERT PUJOLS!!!!
that at bat was pretty much scripted to be a 3 run home run......eckstein gets on, edmunds walks, down by three, pujols has been quiet all series....no way he can hit a home run, right? only the best player in fucking baseball.
WALK HIS ASS and take your chances with reggie sanders for crimony's sake. it was funny to watch all the fans behind homeplate standing, cheering and the second the bat hits the ball...dead.
i'm rooting for the Astros but that was just ridiculous...you don't give albert pujols a chance to win a game like that. that reminds me of something my beloved Giants would do.....
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 6:42 pm

AND I agree with Dan....Berkman's homerun, although "heroic", would've been a fly out to the left fielder in ANY OTHER mlb park (or any high school park for that matter)
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 7:02 pm

Firstly, you don't walk Pujols and put the tying run in scoring position. Plus, Lidge had faired well against him ( 3 for 14). If I was a manager, the last player I'd wanna face up there would be Pujols, but no manager would walk him to put the team in that position where a single ties the game, not even to Barry Bonds in his hayday.

Secondly, both teams were playing on the same field. Talking shit about Berkman's HR is ignorance. It went over the fence didn't it? If MLB had a problem with it, they wouldn't have let them make the Douche Box with those dimensions. Get over it!

Thirdly, that was a MONSTER of a homerun. Good god was that ball just destroyed.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 8:16 pm

hey, barry was once walked with the bases loaded to avoid having him hit a game winning grand slam...and it turned out to be the right call.
and for christs' sake i'm just blowing some steam, i ain't fucking peter gammons.
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 8:37 pm

i ain't fucking peter gammons.

better not be, tramp.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 4:59 am

i'm flattered mrs. gammons...but i'm more of a tim kerchin man.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 6:12 am

The biggest fuck you in all of sports is when that rat bastard Charles Martin body slammed me in the Green Bay game, November 23rd, 1986 and put me out for the season. That cost the Super Bowl shufflin' Chicago Bears any chance to repeat. Tomzak and Flutie couldn't hold my jock....
oh, I also once accidentaly stuck a fork in my eye....
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 4:09 pm

punky Q.B.!
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 4:10 pm

mcmahon was off the hizzooook.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:26 pm

mcmahon was off the hizzooook.

Yes, I in fact, was.....
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:37 pm

The biggest FUCK YOU is when that guy pitched a perfect game on LSD.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:37 pm

I heard about that. Bray it up!
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:39 pm

actually it was just a no hitter. dock ellis walked 8 and hit one but allowed no hits. 1970, pittsburgh pirates.

hard to believe he was having control problems on the hill that day.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm | Edited by: kermitthefrog

not donkey but

[url=www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/ellis.asp]bray?[/url]
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:45 pm

dang, i guess i am a donkey.

just not THE donkey.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:45 pm | Edited by: kermitthefrog

HA!:

"Dock Ellis also maintained that he never pitched again while under the influence of LSD but admitted he had taken pep pills before the 1974 Cincinnati game in which he intentionally threw at the first several batters."
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 7:51 pm

Yeah, no hitter. Couldn't remember which one. I always forget the dude's name. Maybe Ricky Williams will play a game this year and smoke DMT (or Salvia) at half time. Then come out and run all over the fucking stadium. Sports + drugs = my kind of fun.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:09 pm

Sports + drugs = my kind of fun.

that's what lenny bias said too.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:12 pm

oooooooooooooooo ouch.

But look at Diego Maradona. One of the greatest soccer players ever and a total raging cokehead. GOAL!!!!!
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:19 pm

or look at tim "rock" raines who used to slide head first to protect the vial he kept in his sock.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:26 pm

Darryl Strawberry
Micheal Irvin
Doc Gooden
Lawrence Taylor
Babe Ruth

all the greats
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:30 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

tim "rock" raines

Didn't the vial fall out at one point?

Tim and Razor Shines (best name ever) were my fave Memphis Chicks, back in the '80's. Or was that the '70's?
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 4:00 am

I thought that was Mark "The Bird" Frydrich?
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 5:53 am

nope The Bird's done LSD with everyone in Michigan though...

http://www.gettingit.com/article/691
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 5:55 am

Todd Trickknee where are you?
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 6:02 am

OTIS NIXON
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 6:26 am

George Rogers of the Saints once paid for drugs with a check....in the memo he wrote "Cocaine"....
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 7:09 am

one word:
ASTROS

Fuck the white sox.
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 7:15 am

Mookie Wilson
Vince Coleman
TIm Raines
Dale Murphy
Bruce Sutter
Jerry Don Gleaton
Bert Blyleven
Jim Kaat
Kent Tekulve
Billy Jo Robideaux ( Brewers, back in the good ol AL)
Matt Nokes ( Becketts Cold list..1989)
Mike Squires

sorry bout dropping a baseball card bomb on you's guys....get into your 88 Donruss collection NOW!!!! (THee worst Baseball Card Set EVER!!)
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 3:14 pm

Although a VERY uneventful game, victory was sweet. You know, it makes me wonder had they tagged [I think] Pujols on 2nd, the outcome may have been different. Thank goodness for no instant replay in THIS case.
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 4:07 pm

dutch, I'm going with the 1988 Topps set as the worst baseball card set ever. Donruss was always better than Topps.
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 4:23 pm

86 topps worst ever.
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 4:25 pm

"Sports + drugs = my kind of fun."

I read in Waylon's autobiography that he went into the Oakland Raiders' lockerroom and gave them blow at halftime when they were losing badly to the Chiefs. They killed in the second half and beat the shit out of my Chiefs, but that's still pretty badass.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®